Hello again!

My name is Katarina and I'm a bride new Iphone X user!
    I was on android all these years but had bought in 2012 an Ipad, anyway didn't go for the phone too.
    Now I changed my mind and so far NOT happy
    The reason is: I can't set up my new Iphone X right

It's time to switch the forum and explain Would you, please follow and help me fix the problem?!

I have to add that English is not my mother language so ignore grammar mistakes please!
    02-27-2018 04:31 PM
    Hello, Katarina! Welcome to iMore. What problems are you having setting up your new iPhone X?
    You might find this useful as well.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202033
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 02-28-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-27-2018 05:24 PM
    Hi,

A few days ago I bought new Iphone X from another person. He didn't sign in any account, but some features had set already. Like language and..? I don't know exactly what, but the problem is I can't set it right now!!

First I saw I can't sign in with my Apple ID, so I desited to reset it and fresh start it.
    After I (factory) reset my phone Hello screen is there, but following set up after language, country, wi-fi and location services ends. Data&App screen don't apears, so I can't choose how I wish to set it up, by restore or transfer. After choosing location services screen Start using appear already. And as I said, even going manually can't do it because I can't sign in with my Apple ID (I checked it on appleid.apple.com). If I try to connect it with PC via ITunes can't do. Itunes don't read my Iphone... and so on.
    As you see I'm stuck on at the beggining and asking for some help PLEASE!
    Is the solution maybe update IOS or how/what can I do myself?
    THank you!
    02-27-2018 05:37 PM
    If you purchased the device from another person AND he didn't sign into anything, you should have been met with the Welcome screen when you initially booted the device. Anyway, it's possible that the device is "managed", but I can't say for certain. If it were me, I'd put the iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and then have iTunes install a fresh full copy of the latest official iOS version for the device. If it's not protected via an iCloud Activation Lock or managed by a previous owner or an organization then you should be able to set it up and use it.

With that being said, you stated, "If I try to connect it with PC via ITunes can't do. Itunes don't read my Iphone... and so on."

Why isn't iTunes detecting your device? What version of iTunes were you using? Is the USB cable working properly? Is the USB port on the computer working properly? You know what, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them set it up for you, if it's legit.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-27-2018 06:57 PM
    Hello Katarina! I have nothing to add, but wanted to welcome you to iMore. I hope that you are able to work out your issues and find happiness with your iPhone.
    Lee_Bo and Katarina77 like this.
    02-28-2018 08:26 AM
    @Katarina77 what language do speak? I can try to get you help in that language. I don't suppose it's Russian? (making a guess based on the name, lol)
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-28-2018 10:13 AM
    Hej..I speak Slovenian...coming from Slovenia. Thank you!
    02-28-2018 10:55 AM
    Welcome to iMore.
    02-28-2018 02:21 PM
    I hope google didn't butcher this TOO much........

Iščem nekoga, ki vam bo pomagal!
    taz323 likes this.
    02-28-2018 02:31 PM
    Hello Just_you_D and thanx for the answer!
    My lightning and USB port are fine, I'm sure. I have a rather new PC. I also checked and update my Itunes so everything is ok! I agree about your proposal only in my small country we have just one Apple store in Ljubljana. So I have to go on road ... the problem is freaking winter... sorry I should write all that but you know I love my phone just watching it, touching it..imagine using it!?!
    Thank you again and have a nice day!
    03-01-2018 02:26 PM
    No is OK and thank you! Anyway, the language is not a big problem, we are used to communicate and specialy ours software is normally in English, because our language is so unknown and unused...well we are only 2 mio people So any ideas to help resolve the problem are very welcome!
    pkcable likes this.
    03-01-2018 02:31 PM