Stop Alert that my icloud ID is being used on another phone

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone and get my imessages on both devices, however I get a message on my iphone several times a month that my icloud id is being used on another device. How do I stop this alert? I want to continue to receive imessages on both devices I just want the alert to stop

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! That’s odd. Are you singing in and out of iMessage on your other device when this happens? I have my messages going to four different devices and never see an alert unless I do something that forces it.
You might try going to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and removing any devices you’re no longer using.

Please join the forum and post any replies within this thread.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually get messages like that via email from Apple or any other like Google. Is that what you mean? It's a security measure so you know. Why would you not want to receive those notifications?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I get those popup notifications on my phone as well as on my other idevices, but only after an update. Not all updates cause it, just some. More than likely when the update includes some security change.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I get them on occasion. As mentioned above it could be after an update but it really went nuts two weeks ago when I upgraded to the series 3 watch. I got notifications on all my devices (iphone, ipad, imac, macbook pro) that my Apple ID was now being used on a new Apple Watch. I got them for a few hours before they all finally stopped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711