No Easter on calendar

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whoa whoa ok Big D don’t get you panties in a bunch For the record I didn’t answer either of your questions because I thought what I was alluding to was so obvious that you were both aware of it, and were thus simply posturing. Which for the record would normally get a response but I was making my comment in half jest since there is Christmas and St. Patrick’s Day in the calendar. Though I could explain that by the former being given a pass because it has been essentially turned into a secular pagan holiday, and the latter being given a pass by similarly having become nothing more than another secular Bacchanalian hallows eve type day of adult beverage fun. Although giant Easter bunny outfits, hiding eggs, chocolate, etc., has similarly become more an American holiday enjoyed by many people of all faiths, so not sure why it was targeted by the ‘don’t want to offend Apple police’. Big picture, I was connecting the disappearance of Easter with that of the ‘Revolver Emoji’, along with the addition of numerous other emojis in the Apple virtue signaling, pandering, etc. campaign. Now I’ll wait for someone (not either of you) to get offended and report me to admin.
Oh Okay. I understand. Now in regard to someone getting offended by what you stated, I don't see that happening. I mean, seriously, what did you state that was so bad? Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it....:cool:

kanaka

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
You’re severely over estimating the impact of your comment. I don’t believe anyone will be reporting you over your opinion.

I figured that’s what you were getting at. That’s funny to me, is all.

I figured you figured.
But no, no overestimation here.... I was once again taking a jab at the snowflakes who might need a safe space after my post. I was definitely not serious. But you neeeeever know.....

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the calendar has been updated to show Easter on April 1.
Unfortunately, it also added something on March 2 that says "Holi".
Is anyone else seeing that?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the calendar has been updated to show Easter on April 1.
Unfortunately, it also added something on March 2 that says "Holi".
Is anyone else seeing that?

Yes, I noticed the “Holi” entry yesterday.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Palm Sunday and Passover were added. Holi is a Hindu observance. The festival celebrates sharing and love as well as colors. I'm all for that!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think these are all the new holidays on the calendar.
Lunar new year
Groundhog Day
St. Patrick's Day
Palm Sunday
Good Friday
Easter
Passover
Orthodox Easter
Holi
Cinco de Mayo
Juneteenth
First day of Ramadan
Eid al-Fitr
Eid al-Adha
Rosh Hashanah
Yom Kippur
Ashura
Indigenous People's Day
Columbus Day
Diwali
Hanukkah
Kwanzaa

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just want to see traditional U.S. holidays listed.....:D

They should have given users the option to delete those we don't want on our calendar. The good news is we don't have to receive alerts from those we don't want. I just went through and checked alerts for only those I want. The others can just sit there. I think you can delete that entire Calendar, then use a link to subscribe to one without all the extras. Not sure. I also have the Google calendar. It has Easter, but not some of the ones on the iCloud Calendar I want. After all the complaints Apple got about no Easter, I think they got a bit too cute by adding all those to a US Calendar. They had to know the vast majority of Americans would not want many of those on their Calendar. They'll be getting more complaints now.

kanaka

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Oh Okay. I understand. Now in regard to someone getting offended by what you stated, I don't see that happening. I mean, seriously, what did you state that was so bad? Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it....:cool:

You got it brother!
And as far as people getting offended, well I don’t think I said anything objectionable but simply mentioning apple’s clear PC motivated emoji additions and deletions in tandem with them removing near purely Christian holidays while keeping those that have become effectively/culturally secular American ones, is enough to get the panties riding high and tight of those in solidarity with apple’s leanings. You never know....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You got it brother!
And as far as people getting offended, well I don’t think I said anything objectionable but simply mentioning apple’s clear PC motivated emoji additions and deletions in tandem with them removing near purely Christian holidays while keeping those that have become effectively/culturally secular American ones, is enough to get the panties riding high and tight of those in solidarity with apple’s leanings. You never know....
Oh okay. I see your point, and I'm in agreement with it.