can anyone solve my problem

I

iMore Question

device : Imac late 2012
hello every one
I have late 2012 imac that when I turn my mac on it stop on apple logo and loading line but the line could not load .
I tried on cmd + R and I installed a new os from recovery mode but it dident solved
can every one help me .
thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain hard drive isn't corrupted / failing? If you have a CD/DVD that contains the OS that came with your iMac, I recommend you start completely from scratch. I mean, erase the entire hard drive, repartition it and then reload the OS. It's time consuming as heck, but if the issue is corrupted software then this will fix the issue. If the HD is failing then it won't and you will need to install a new one.

Heck, stop by an Apple Store and just seek the advice of one of the geniuses therein. Anyway, hopefully others will reply soon.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If you plan on keeping it a bit longer, this may also be a good time to consider swapping out the optical drive for an SSD.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If you plan on keeping it a bit longer, this may also be a good time to consider swapping out the optical drive for an SSD.

Late 2012 did not have an optical drive. That was the begining of the thin iMac and the Fusion Drive. Great idea to swap out the hard drive and go to an SSD. Will give the OP a couple more years with their iMac.

OP: Sounds to me like your hard drive is starting to fail. Try all the suggestions offered to you by @msmo511 first. If none work then is most likely hard drive failure.
I also suggest using Carbon Copy Cloner to backup your drive. It will create an exact clone of your drive. Should your internal drive ever fail then you have another drive you can boot into.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Late 2012 did not have an optical drive. That was the begining of the thin iMac and the Fusion Drive. Great idea to swap out the hard drive and go to an SSD. Will give the OP a couple more years with their iMac.

Ah, ok. Mine's a 2011 model.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2