In settings, my default email address is the iCloud account I prefer, but when I share something via email it sends from my gmail account. It appears to be related to which address of my contact I’m sending to (if I send to my wife’s yahoo account it sends from my iCloud account, if I send to her gmail it sends from my gmail). Any thoughts?
    02-09-2018 04:57 PM
    Go to Settings → Mail, and then scroll to the bottom to see what is displayed as the “Default Account”. If it’s the Gmail account, change it to your iCloud account.
    02-09-2018 07:26 PM
    Go to Settings → Mail, and then scroll to the bottom to see what is displayed as the “Default Account”. If it’s the Gmail account, change it to your iCloud account.
    Like I said, the iCloud account is the default.
    02-09-2018 07:54 PM
    I can’t replicate the issue.
    02-09-2018 08:05 PM
    I can’t replicate the issue.
    Could it be because her gmail account was originally created or saved to my gmail account?
    If this is the case, how can I now save those gmail contacts to my iCloud account?
    02-09-2018 08:13 PM
    Could it be because her gmail account was originally created or saved to my gmail account?
    If this is the case, how can I now save those gmail contacts to my iCloud account?
    It shouldn’t matter.
    And no clue, I’m not familiar enough with Gmail.
    02-10-2018 07:54 AM
    I used Contacts Sync for GoogleMail:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cont...mUvbUpU3043034
    02-10-2018 11:28 AM
    In settings, my default email address is the iCloud account I prefer, but when I share something via email it sends from my gmail account. It appears to be related to which address of my contact I’m sending to (if I send to my wife’s yahoo account it sends from my iCloud account, if I send to her gmail it sends from my gmail). Any thoughts?
    This may be off the subject, but I also came across this Apple support port:

How to make iCloud alias behave like a default email

Although not directly related to your issue, log into your iCloud account on the web, Mail > Settings > Preferences > Composing

And here you can set a default address, so you don't have to change you address each time you compose a mail.

I did this from my iCloud web account because I wanted to use an alias as my main iCloud account. Although I made the change not he web, the change also reflected on my iPhone. This may also work for you. I say take a look and see. Can't hurt.
    02-10-2018 11:39 AM