Ipad is disabled, connect to itunes!

I

iMore Question

Greetings!

I have purchased an ipad in eBay which had the lock on. obviously I have managed to enter it too many times as the owner has forgotten the code. And the inevitable has happener = it is locked!
Now the ipad mini 4 says "Ipad is disabled. connect to itunes"
when I do connect it to itunes a message pops up "iTunes could not connect to the ipad. because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode on the ipad before it can be used with itunes."
now, obvious I cannot enter the code. and iTunes do not let me do anything until I enter the code!

any help gyus?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry you're having such difficulties. Have you tried contacting the previous owner, who you purchased it from on Ebay? Hopefully they should be able to give you the passcode. If not, I'm not sure that there's anything that can be done.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Greetings!

I have purchased an ipad in eBay which had the lock on. obviously I have managed to enter it too many times as the owner has forgotten the code. And the inevitable has happener = it is locked!
Now the ipad mini 4 says "Ipad is disabled. connect to itunes"
when I do connect it to itunes a message pops up "iTunes could not connect to the ipad. because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode on the ipad before it can be used with itunes."
now, obvious I cannot enter the code. and iTunes do not let me do anything until I enter the code!

any help gyus?
You need that passcode or your iPad is useless

D_GR

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
hi, the problem what I actually have is that I have no place to put the pass code in! There is only one thing I have in iPad's screen, and it says to connect to iTunes. Once I do that, iTunes say - enter pass-code, which I cannot do as it says connect to iTunes...

p.s.
Apparently the ipad was used by a 5yo and I was told that pass-code must be something easy, like all 7's or all 6-es...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
hi, the problem what I actually have is that I have no place to put the pass code in! There is only one thing I have in iPad's screen, and it says to connect to iTunes. Once I do that, iTunes say - enter pass-code, which I cannot do as it says connect to iTunes...

p.s.
Apparently the ipad was used by a 5yo and I was told that pass-code must be something easy, like all 7's or all 6-es...

Here are some instructions:

Forgot Passcode
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204306

If the previous owner did not turn find my iPad off and delete their iCloud, there will be nothing you can do. Hopefully they did.

D_GR

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
no, it doe s not work at all.
your link suggests to put it in the recovery mode as follows: On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
no, this ipad just turns on and goes to the main screen see this: IMG 20180209 203934 — imgbb.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711