So right now I have a Bose Wave Radio/CD and I use it in a morning when I need to wake up for work. On it comes at 6am, Radio 1 playing, if I want to snooze for 10 minutes I hit the big snooze button.
    Can HomePod do this? Can I replace my Alarm clock, with a HomePod? No? I’ll make it easier.. no need for the Snooze button, or, let’s say Radio 1, Let’s say.. Beats One. Surely HomePod should be able to do this at least being so smart and all. Simply turn on at 6am playing Beats One. If it can’t.. then this HomePod is not for me.
    01-30-2018 04:17 PM
    So right now I have a Bose Wave Radio/CD and I use it in a morning when I need to wake up for work. On it comes at 6am, Radio 1 playing, if I want to snooze for 10 minutes I hit the big snooze button.
    Can HomePod do this? Can I replace my Alarm clock, with a HomePod? No? I’ll make it easier.. no need for the Snooze button, or, let’s say Radio 1, Let’s say.. Beats One. Surely HomePod should be able to do this at least being so smart and all. Simply turn on at 6am playing Beats One. If it can’t.. then this HomePod is not for me.
    Interesting question. We’ll know for sure soon enough, when people get their HomePods.
    01-30-2018 04:31 PM
    For $350 it better be able to do that. My Amazon Dot can wake me up to a station of my choosing.
    01-30-2018 04:34 PM
    Sonos can do that. I use mine and it goes off with whatever song or music service you want.

I am thinking the HomePod will be able to do this. It is not rocket science.
    01-30-2018 10:37 PM
    I ask this specific question because all my iOS devices seem in incapable. Sure I can set an alarm and have it play an alarm sound, a song or even a playlist (non shuffled) but I don’t want to wake up to the same song every morning hence why I like waking to the radio. I look forward to seeing if HomePod is capable of this seemingly simple task..
    01-31-2018 10:05 AM
    The answer is yes. I verified this earlier today. It works as an alarm clock I don’t know if I can play a radio station on there as the alarm tone. Will check it out later.
    02-10-2018 09:46 PM
    Your post caught my attention as I search for reasons to buy a HomePod.

I’ve been using a Bose Wave Radio with an iPhone connected for years. Best current alarm clock app I’ve found and have been using for a long time is Alarm Clock HD. Alarm Clock HD - Music Alarms by Impala Studioshttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarm-clock-hd-music-alarms/id476555713?mt=8

I use an old iPhone 5s with a headphone cord plugged into the RCA Aux inputs on the back of an old 1st gen Bose Wave Radio. Leave the Aux turned on all night and it works perfectly. You can set the buzzer alarm as a backup until you trust the app enough. The app will shuffle playlists including from Apple Music. The old iPhone is connected to my home wi-fi. You could use Bluetooth instead of a cord with an RCA Firefly Bluetooth device or something similar. I’ve tried an Airport Express connected with the same cord but it wasn’t reliable enough for an alarm clock.
    02-27-2018 06:46 AM
    Following up to my previous reply. I bought a HomePod yesterday, hoping it would work with the Alarm Clock HD app I’ve been using for years. It will play the alarm music though the HomePod if I set the alarm to go off in a few minutes. It apparently lost the Airplay connection overnight however and the music played though the iPhone speaker. I even tried using the app’s Sleep Timer function to play through the HomePod last night to make sure it was connected through AirPlay.

The Homepod does have an alarm function built in, but there’s no music option with it.

Hopefully Apple will give it a music alarm option with a future update. If anybody has any other suggestions please reply.
    07-08-2018 09:32 AM
    Adding to this existing post rather than starting a new one because the background info may be useful.

It seems like there should be a way somehow to use a Shortcut to shuffle a playlist when an alarm goes off. Apple should add a “Play Shortcut” option to the HomePod alarm or an app developer should add that option to an alarm app to play a Shortcut that shuffles the playlist and sends it to the HomePod via Airplay.
    11-24-2018 09:31 AM
    Yes, the HomePod can be used as an alarm clock. I’ve done it numerous times.
    11-24-2018 07:08 PM
    Yes, the HomePod can be used as an alarm clock. I’ve done it numerous times.
    The question is more complicated than the title indicates. Wanting to shuffle a music playlist on the HomePod for the alarm sound.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-27-2018 01:29 PM
    The question is more complicated than the title indicates. Wanting to shuffle a music playlist on the HomePod for the alarm sound.
    Oh okay. As for shuffling a music playlist for the alarm sound, I doubt it. In addition, there isn’t a setting for it in the Home settings.
    11-27-2018 02:59 PM