Does anyone remember when the Eudora email program was king?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Used to dial into BBS’s with my Commodore 128.
I still remember the name of my favorite one: Herkimer’s Pond.

And yes, I did use Eudora also.
I didn't have the Commodore 128, but I did have a Commodore 64, and I never realized how powerful that computer was until long after I had gotten rid of it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was a BBS game very popular back then.

I don't remember it, but I do recall a space themed game that was played darn near around the clock. All you did was buy artifacts, and weapons to take over other people's colonies. There was nothing fancy about the game, but it was addicting.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I remember Eudora. But I forget what happened that caused me to stop using it. Oh, Thunderbird happened.... that's why.

Edit; omg , BBS's! My x husband and I had one called Surfing With The Alien (single line). My husband now, he said he had one back in the day as well and even had one that he wrote, but I don't recall what he named it.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Those were the pioneer days of online computing. I don’t think I could have imagined back then, paying per minute for dial up, that we’d be where we are today. Fun to think back...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those were the pioneer days of online computing. I don’t think I could have imagined back then, paying per minute for dial up, that we’d be where we are today. Fun to think back...

Pioneering days, indeed. Now look how far we’ve come. Compuserve, Prodigy, AOL were the closest things to having a web interface back then....

Last edited:

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I most definitely remember Eudora! I can’t be sure, but it might’ve been the client I used when I bought my first home PC in 1997 or thereabouts. Good times!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I still have a working Commodore 64.

My husband has a Commodore 128, still working (he said last time he checked it was), in the original box. I wanted to take a photo of the box, but there's so much crap in his office that if I go in I may never be found again. Not willing to risk it lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner