I like the new Hey Siri Give Me Some News function, but it always defaults to NPR so I have to switch it to Fox News every time. Is there a way to get it to default to Fox News?
    01-23-2018 09:43 PM
    Not that I would ever do it. BUT when I tried the command it mentioned something saying "Hey Siri switch to Fox News, or switch to CNN" etc Have you tried doing that?
    01-24-2018 09:12 AM
    I just tried it for the first time, and the news was going so fast I could barely keep up. Haha!

Back on topic. If you say "Hey Siri give me some news Fox News" or "Give me some Fox News" it will go directly to Fox News instead of defaulting to NPR.
    jkeitz likes this.
    01-24-2018 09:31 AM
    I also tried it and it switched just fine!!!
    01-24-2018 09:43 AM
    I just tried it for the first time, and the news was going so fast I could barely keep up. Haha!

Back on topic. If you say "Hey Siri give me some news Fox News" or "Give me some Fox News" it will go directly to Fox News instead of defaulting to NPR.
    Thank you, that is what I will do for now, but shouldn’t it be able to learn my preferences? Particularly when looking forward to the HomePod, it would be nice to just ask for “news”?
    01-24-2018 09:32 PM
    I also tried it and it switched just fine!!!
    But next time you ask for news, it switches back.
    01-24-2018 09:32 PM
    Not that I would ever do it. BUT when I tried the command it mentioned something saying "Hey Siri switch to Fox News, or switch to CNN" etc Have you tried doing that?
    Yes, I can get it to switch, but it won’t stick. Next time I ask for “news” it goes right back to NPR and I have to switch again.
    01-24-2018 09:34 PM
    Thank you, that is what I will do for now, but shouldn’t it be able to learn my preferences? Particularly when looking forward to the HomePod, it would be nice to just ask for “news”?
    This may be irrelevant, but just a thought. What device are you using it on? I wonder if over time the newer devices with the neural engine will learn those types of preferences. Another thought, I wonder how much AI Apple puts towards the actual commands themselves vs. the way you say them.
    01-25-2018 10:31 AM
    But next time you ask for news, it switches back.
    Actually, on my 8 Plus, 11.2.5, the first time I asked Siri to give me the News, I asked Siri to switch to Fox News. I just asked Siri again, and got Fox News. So it seems that my default has been set.
    jkeitz likes this.
    01-25-2018 10:42 AM
    This may be irrelevant, but just a thought. What device are you using it on? I wonder if over time the newer devices with the neural engine will learn those types of preferences. Another thought, I wonder how much AI Apple puts towards the actual commands themselves vs. the way you say them.
    Actually, you have a good point there. I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus.
    msm0511 likes this.
    01-25-2018 12:10 PM
    I can't get it to stick either on a iPhone X running 11.2.5. I can get Siri to state that from now on she'll play news from CNN, but the next time I try it defaults back to NPR ...
    01-25-2018 05:34 PM