iMessage activation unsuccessful

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
3 days ago I switched carriers and ported my number over, the store rep advised me to keep iMessage turned off until my number gets ported over then turn it on, it’s been over 72 hours and I continue getting “activation unsuccessful, turn on iMessage to try again”

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201422
I have done everything on this website, removed my SIM card and restarted my phone, tried activating it on airplane mode, i even have reset my network I do receive text messages, the only thing I haven’t tried is resetting my phone.

Last thing to try is wiping everything and trying but apple support said something must’ve went wrong when number was being ported over because before number being ported over it worked fine

Any other ideas apart from the ones I tried would be really appreciated

c55b34c3b60cc336443d4222f3271274.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You've done everything I would have done with the exception of Restoring the device and setting it up as new. You might as well give it a try.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you check with your carrier if they block iMessage on their network? (Like Short Codes or something).
Maybe try getting a new SIM from them.

I spoke to them in the morning, they said everything seems find on their end. They had to enable a few things which he said should fix it, it’s been 12 hours and no luck my next option is a new sim

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is a shot in the dark and perhaps you already tried it, but disable WiFi and enable cellular (if it wasn’t already) then try again.
Make sure your iPhone can send international text messages. (For iMessage to activate, your iPhone sends a text message to Apple’s servers, if by any chance international text messages is blocked, this will prevent iMessage from activating)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Try this:

1 - Disable Wifi

2- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

3 - Tap your Apple ID at the top and sign out

4 - Once completely signed out, restart your phone

5 - Continue with WiFi off

6 - Go back to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and sign back in to your Apple ID

7 - If your number doesn't come up give it a few minutes to try to populate

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a shot in the dark and perhaps you already tried it, but disable WiFi and enable cellular (if it wasn’t already) then try again.
Make sure your iPhone can send international text messages. (For iMessage to activate, your iPhone sends a text message to Apple’s servers, if by any chance international text messages is blocked, this will prevent iMessage from activating)

Yeah my plan has unlimited world wide text

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Try this:

1 - Disable Wifi

2- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

3 - Tap your Apple ID at the top and sign out

4 - Once completely signed out, restart your phone

5 - Continue with WiFi off

6 - Go back to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and sign back in to your Apple ID

7 - If your number doesn't come up give it a few minutes to try to populate

Tried this as well, still stuck on waiting for activation

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Jaleel, I think you're going to need to reach out to Apple Support.

I have sadly, they told me to contact my carrier, they think their was a porting issue causing their to be a activation issue. My carrier had to escalate the case, within 3-5 business days they are saying

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73