Music platforms

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Most services will require a pc or mac to upload. Apple music requires the same unless youve bought it all through iTunes. If thats the case then all youre music is already stored, you would just need to download it to your device. Unless you want to stream it, there wouldnt be a need to pay for a storage subscription.

I don’t have either or. Where I only have 344 purchased music from iTunes.
I will just continue with my original plan, it’s the cheaper option.
Eventually I plan to purchase a Mac to give me more flexibility.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you were gonna do that, you may be better off paying for apple music. Any song they offer is available as long as youre a subscriber. It is more expensive at $120/year but there are benefits.

Or look at google music for the free uploads.

Apple offers a yearly subscription for only $99.
It’s $119.88 a year if you pay monthly.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple offers a yearly subscription for only $99.
It’s $119.88 a year if you pay monthly.

Where do you see that option for yearly? That deal would be more appealing, and worth a look over Amazon.
Edit: never mind, I found the option. You have to choose a monthly plan, than you can switch it out to the yearly if you choose to. Thanks for the tip.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Where do you see that option for yearly? That deal would be more appealing, and worth a look over Amazon.
Edit: never mind, I found the option. You have to choose a monthly plan, than you can switch it out to the yearly if you choose to. Thanks for the tip.

Which reminds me, tomorrow I’m going to change my subscription to yearly.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
None of the above. We have a Sonos system hooked up to our stero and other floor speakers throughout the house, and have a lot of our music sitting on the NAS. Music that I want on my phone I move entire albums over to a specific folder, and then I use DBPowerAMP to convert the FLAC files so I can load them up into my phone.

While I do pay for Apple Music, I typically only listen to albums from there when I am interested in possibly purchasing a physical CD from Amazon. We very seldom, if ever, purchase a CD for one song. We typically love entire CDs.

SiriusXM, or the music on my phone, for the car.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am back with Amazon Music, it’s free. if I like an album or song enough, I usually end up purchasing it through iTunes.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Rather than creating a new thread. I want to give Google Play music a whirl.
Edit: I may look at Spotify again. In the meantime, I decided to stay with Amazon, and Apple Music.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2