Music platforms

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m sure there’s a couple of threads on this already but what music platforms do you guys use & why (Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music)

Personally I don’t like Apple Music but I do use iTunes & Spotify

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple Music all the way. I tried them all and was lyrical when Music came out.
I really despise the dark interface of Spotify. Google Music felt incomplete and half baked to me.

I like the integration of Music, I love having all my songs in one app, both on my computer as well as on my iPhone.
And some other minor conveniences that amounts to me being happy with Music.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
For my library, Apple Music even though I loath itunes syncing and prefer local copies instead of cloud streaming.

For streaming, iHeartRadio. They have a HUGE selection of stations for my genres and I rarely hear the same song twice in a week.

I have the Apple music subscription for my family but I find theres too many repeats. Pandora is the same way and I never liked Spotify.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Apple Music 100%. Great library, integrated with iOS/iTunes. Also, Apple TV and soon HomePod. Works with Siri.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Rather than creating a new thread, I’ll post my thoughts here.
I use Amazon Music, but was reading they no longer will allow you to import your purchased music from other platforms.
That includes the free 250 song allowance or the $25 250,000 song subscription.
Yet I do have about 350 purchased songs with iTunes, that the playlists are greyed out.
Streaming with a Prime membership is free.
Although, it is a very limited selection unless you subscribe to their music unlimited plan.
After reading that article, it makes me wonder what incentive does that give you to use their music service?
Google Play allows 50,000 and iTunes I think is 25,000 free songs to import.
I am still on the fence about paying for unlimited streaming, (is it worth it?)
Amazon charges $79 yearly, but that and the $99 Prime membership can be a bit hard to swallow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3039631

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Rather than creating a new thread, I’ll post my thoughts here.
I use Amazon Music, but was reading they no longer will allow you to import your purchased music from other platforms.
That includes the free 250 song allowance or the $25 250,000 song subscription.
I am a Prime member, so that allows you to stream free.
Although, it is a very limited selection unless you subscribe to their music unlimited plan.
After reading that article, it makes me wonder what incentive does that give you to use their music service?
Google Play allows 50,000 and iTunes I think is 25,000 free songs to import.
I am still on the fence about paying for unlimited streaming, (is it worth it?)
Amazon charges $79 yearly, but that and the $99 Prime membership can be a bit hard to swallow.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3039632

Apple Music supports 100k songs that aren’t from Apple Music or iTunes Store.
Source:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205919
You can have up to 100,000 songs in your music library. Songs that you buy or bought from the iTunes Store don't count against this limit.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
For those that tried both Apple Music and Spotify, what’s the + side of one or the other? I’m using Spotify right now and never tried Apple Music.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
They mentioned free. Google play is free to upload to but not itunes.

Even if that’s the case. Amazon says no can do, if you’re a paid subscriber.
I may pony up the $79 and subscribe to their unlimited plan. It’s the better deal, and still quite competitive with the other streaming services.
And if I like a song or playlist enough, I’ll purchase it through iTunes.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Even if that’s the case. Amazon says no can do, if you’re a paid subscriber.
I may pony up the $79 and subscribe to their unlimited plan. And if I like a song or playlist enough, I’ll purchase it through iTunes.

If you were gonna do that, you may be better off paying for apple music. Any song they offer is available as long as youre a subscriber. It is more expensive at $120/year but there are benefits.

Or look at google music for the free uploads.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
For those that tried both Apple Music and Spotify, what’s the + side of one or the other? I’m using Spotify right now and never tried Apple Music.

Spotify, imo, makes it easier to find new music you may like. Workout mode is pretty cool as well.

Apple music has a bigger library (last I checked), more exclusive releases, and the ability to upload your library.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If you were gonna do that, you may be better off paying for apple music. Any song they offer is available as long as youre a subscriber. It is more expensive at $120/year but there are benefits.

Or look at google music for the free uploads.

The drawback to Google is the need for a pc or Mac import your music.
I never really purchased much music, so it’s not at this point much of an issue.
What I find odd, Amazon still has the option in settings to add your music that’s uploaded on your device.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The drawback to Google is the need for a pc or Mac import your music.
I never really purchased much music, so it’s not at this point much of an issue.
What I find odd, Amazon still has the option in settings to add your music that’s uploaded on your device.

Most services will require a pc or mac to upload. Apple music requires the same unless youve bought it all through iTunes. If thats the case then all youre music is already stored, you would just need to download it to your device. Unless you want to stream it, there wouldnt be a need to pay for a storage subscription.