I enjoyed the podcast about video transcoding with Don Melton. I downloaded the scripts and have been using them a couple of years to manage the size of my Bluray library. However I recently upgraded to High Sierra and I believe Xcode also. I am not a script guru so I took the scripts as they were posted. However now the detect-crop script no longer runs. I get an error message
    -bash: /usr/local/bin/detect-crop: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory. When I search for the folder for ruby, I see I have a 2.3 folder but not a 2.0 folder and wondering if it has something to do with the upgrade? Not sure where to look now. Thanks, Mark
    01-19-2018 11:18 AM
    Hi, Mark! Welcome to iMore! I have no idea about this. But if you will register in, maybe someone who does will come along.
    01-19-2018 07:26 PM
    I bit of digging on Google and I was able to find Don Melton on GitHub. It looks like he's still updating something dealing with video transcoding. You're best bet is to locate a contact address for him so you can ask him questions about your error. Either that, or locate a forum he is on where this script is being discussed.

https://github.com/donmelton/video_transcoding
    01-21-2018 03:37 PM