My iPhone displayed a battery charging symbol, but still wouldn’t charge. What should I do?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
This is pretty much a no-brainer. Definitely take it to an Apple Store and get the battery replaced. That's what I would do in a heartbeat.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got a battery replaced in an iPhone 6 last week. I had gone in a week earlier and they said they had to order more batteries. They sent me an email a few days later stating my parts were in. Went in, they told me three hours, it was done in less than two. $29 plus tax.

Typical Apple. Any noticeable improvement in terms of performance?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just dropped my 6s off for battery replacement. Didn’t wanna wait 2 hours so I’ll be back tomorrow

Tangkong36

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
aww.. hi ghuiz... i have 2 ipads stuck at home. both are not charging. and it's been a while since i haven't use them. you think i could still use them ?can the apple store fix my ipads ?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
aww.. hi ghuiz... i have 2 ipads stuck at home. both are not charging. and it's been a while since i haven't use them. you think i could still use them ?can the apple store fix my ipads ?

Yes Apple can replace the batteries. HOWEVER the 29 dollar deal is just for phones. And the iPad battery is 99 dollars, not 79.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to get my iPhone 7 Plus' done around Nov/Dec so I can say "brand new battery" when I go to sell it! lol When I get my iPhone X2 or whatever its called. ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to get my iPhone 7 Plus' done around Nov/Dec so I can say "brand new battery" when I go to sell it! lol When I get my iPhone X2 or whatever its called. ;)

I'll probably upgrade in September, but will keep my 6s Plus as a back up. It needs a battery now, but I'll wait as long as possible to get one. I'm just hoping they can put one in without updating my OS. I want to keep it on iOS 10.1.1.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably upgrade in September, but will keep my 6s Plus as a back up. It needs a battery now, but I'll wait as long as possible to get one. I'm just hoping they can put one in without updating my OS. I want to keep it on iOS 10.1.1.

I don't believe they would require you to update. They might recommend it, but I don't think they would require it. I had a situation in the past like that, and the Apple guy had no issues working on my iPhone on an older OS which was even jail broken. We danced around the issue. He knew and I knew he knew, but it went unsaid. If I recall he DID recommend that I upgrade to the latest software, BUT since the issue was hardware based he said it really didn't matter.

Tangkong36

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
hi pkcable. thanks for the reply. there's one slight ?? or big problem. I'm in the Philippines. and there are i stores here but i never really tried cause they said if you're gonna fix it, better buy a new one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe they would require you to update. They might recommend it, but I don't think they would require it. I had a situation in the past like that, and the Apple guy had no issues working on my iPhone on an older OS which was even jail broken. We danced around the issue. He knew and I knew he knew, but it went unsaid. If I recall he DID recommend that I upgrade to the latest software, BUT since the issue was hardware based he said it really didn't matter.

I hope that's the case. Seems I recall someone saying they updated their phone without asking. I'll have to mail mine in, as I'm about 80 miles from the nearest Apple Store.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Typical Apple. Any noticeable improvement in terms of performance?

Wife and her mother (It’s now a mother-in-law device), say that its back to normal.

Note: it’s running the latest iOS beta.

Do it now. Why fight with a phone that has a dying battery. They don’t update the OS. They just look at the condition of the phone and make sure it still works.

I hope that's the case. Seems I recall someone saying they updated their phone without asking. I'll have to mail mine in, as I'm about 80 miles from the nearest Apple Store.

Make a day trip out of it. Have some fun in the big city.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do it now. Why fight with a phone that has a dying battery. They don’t update the OS. They just look at the condition of the phone and make sure it still works.

Make a day trip out of it. Have some fun in the big city.

It runs fine. No fighting, I just have to charge several times a day. I want to wait so the new battery will last longer, as I will keep it and likely use it along with whatever I upgrade to. I have several 32 bit apps I will use on the 6s Plus.
I'm not sure I could drive that far anymore. I'd probably have to get someone to take me. Besides, they don't have anything we don't have, other than an Apple Store. It's aggravating that Apple won't put a store here. There's only 2 stores in the entire state of Alabama.

Tangkong36

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
soo, If you ghuiz are here in the Philippines, not that rich and not that poor, would you wanna fix your ipads, or you'll just buy a new one ??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73