I turn my iPhone off every night. When I turn it on in the morning, I usually have a text from my dad (who has an android) show up on my lock screen, which I can read before I first unlock my phone. Once I unlock my phone, his text disappears from the message app (the “1” badge also goes away) and it’s nowhere to be found. It will also disappear if I slide on the message on the lock screen to open the message app directly - it takes me to the massage app but his message is not there. This has been happening for several weeks now. Other texts/iMessages that I receive throughout the day don’t seem to be an issue. Has anyone seen this before, or know how to fix it?
    Last edited by QuezXLV; 01-11-2018 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
    01-11-2018 06:47 AM
    Disappears from where? The lockscreen? From in the messages app? I think it's normal for the text to disappear from the lockscreen once you unlock it. If you did not tap on it, it should still show in notification center, if you have it set to show there.
    01-11-2018 07:23 AM
    It disappears from the messages app. I’ve edited my original question to clarify.
    01-11-2018 07:29 AM
    Could he be using one of those apps that allows for an app to self-destruct when viewed? Snapchat, for example.
    01-11-2018 08:14 AM
    So it's only SMS messages you receive on the lockscreen. You read the message, then unlock the phone and the message is not in the messages app. That sound right? If so, try going to settings > Messages > Toggle iMessage off> wait a minute, and toggle it back on. If it persists, go back and toggle iMessage off again. Then sign out of iMessage and Facetime. Then sign back in to both. Toggle iMessage back on.
    Do a hard reset (reboot). Which iPhone is it? Are you perhaps deleting the text on the lockscreen?
    01-11-2018 08:28 AM
    It’s an iPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS. I am definitely not deleting it from the home screen.

I will try the unchecking/checking and log in/out of iMessage and see if that helps.
    01-11-2018 06:42 PM
    It seems the only time my dad’s text messages disappear are when he sends me one when my phone is off. If he sends it and my phone is on, no issues. Very strange.
    01-16-2018 06:13 AM