Apple Music Play On Vehicle Connect

Keith Croshaw

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
iPhone 7
iOS 11
Apple Music subscription

I'm sure the answer is it's not possible. It wasn't on Android either. I want the last thing I was doing in apple music to resume when connect to my car. The problem is if I watch a Youtube video or anything else my car will try to resume that. I have an app called Workflow which launches the right radio station but I have to unlock my phone and launch the workflow. I think even if I get religious about force closing all apps connecting to my car will yield a never ending Loading... Track Title.

Has anyone mastered this Utopian dream of car on = apple music playing?

Thanks!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Whenever I turn the car on, it automatically connects to my iPhone via bluetooth. All I have to do is choose my desired music/playlist and press play.

Keith Croshaw

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
On your phone right? I'm searching for some way for it to know, no I don't want to listen to the YouTube video I watching an hour ago and just assume Bluetooth device connect = switch to apple music and play what I was last. I know I'm biased but it seems like such a common desire to just put toggle switch for such a behavior. One can dream I suppose. Or shell out ~$1,000+ for a car play headset installed.

Keith Croshaw

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
If anyone cares I found on Apple Watch, under Dock, you can add "Now Playing" which might let me start music a little easier. Now if I watch a Youtube video unfortunately that stays as what will start. No perfect solution yet.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It probably depends on your vehicle. If I have my truck set to run on my phone it starts playing music as soon as it starts up. Using only the Bluetooth connection.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR