Does Apple tv sync the Up Next across devices if I have more than one Apple tv?

I

iMore Question

I was considering getting another Apple tv for two bedrooms in our house that currently just have Bluray players connected to, but as everyone's viewing habits are different, was wondering if the Up Next feature of the Apple tv TV App would sync across all of these devices.

Specifically, if someone watches a show, will it show as watched on the other Apple tv's as well?

I realize I can turn off the Up Next feature, but I would like everyone to be able to use it.

Thanks everyone!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for certain, but the following excerpt taken from the Apple Support site leads me to believe that maybe you can.

• Turn Up Next on or off: If you don't want to display the viewing history in the TV app on your device—past or future—turn off Up Next. When you turn off Up Next on your device, the setting turns off only on that device, and your viewing information won’t sync to your other devices anymore (until you turn Up Next back on).
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207254

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If all the ATV's are logged in with the same account then I'm thinking yes it will sync. The reason I say that is because we have three ATV's (all three logged in with the same account) and last night Up Next showed the next episode of a show my wife had been watching. The reason I don't have that turned off is because (1) my wife and son use the ATV's more that I do and (2) all three of them are logged in with a "parental controlled" account so no purchases can be made. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox