Since last night my iphone 7 which is about 5 weeks old has been switching itself into sleep mode - the 'thinking' dial appears and then it asks for my touch ID or passcode. It happens whilst I am using any app so not any one in particular and when I try to go into the app afterwards that I was just using it will have closed down anything I was doing. If it was google chrome then it will have shut down all windows that were open. I have tried to restart the phone, and I have tried the hard reset of pressing the sleep/wake and volume down and it's continuing to do it. Even when I am not using the phone it keeps randomly flashing asking for the passcode or touch ID. Is anyone else having the same problem?
    12-31-2017 04:52 AM
    Welcome to iMore! What you’re experiencing is commonly referred to as a “respring”. It’s either going to be software related or hardware related. First, make sure you’re running the latest version of iOS. Some earlier versions of iOS 11 had some respring issues that have since been patched. Secondly, weed out a software issue. I recommend booting your iPhone in recovery mode and reinstalling iOS via iTunes. Just to be safe, set it up as a new phone (versus recovering from a backup). If the issue persists, it’s likely a hardware issue. Luckily your iPhone 7 has a 1-year warranty.

A few helpful links...
    Booting into recovery https://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-recovery-mode
    Apple Support
    12-31-2017 05:49 AM