I just got a new Ipad and i cant send Imessages to a phone number it only goes from my email account I tried looking how to change my apple ID and icloud email but nothing worked can someone help
    12-26-2017 12:49 PM
    I'm going to answer what you posted rather than what is in your thread title.

Are you signed in with the same Apple ID as your iPhone?
    When you go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, is your phone number selected?
    Do you have "Text Forwarding" enabled for your iPad?
    12-26-2017 01:26 PM
    If you're on iPad, be sure you have an email address checked in settlngs > Messages > send and receive. You should be able to send an iMessage to someone using the email, rather than a phone number. An iPad can't use the phone number.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-26-2017 01:50 PM
    If you're on iPad, be sure you have an email address checked in settlngs > Messages > send and receive. You should be able to send an iMessage to someone using the email, rather than a phone number. An iPad can't use the phone number.
    It can, actually.
    12-27-2017 12:03 PM
    Try these steps, it might help with your problem (if I understood correctly).
    12-27-2017 12:16 PM
    I just got a new Ipad and i cant send Imessages to a phone number it only goes from my email account I tried looking how to change my apple ID and icloud email but nothing worked can someone help
    Like @SwitchBeach and @TwitchyPuppy already said, this is possible. See the following link on how to set it up.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349
    12-27-2017 12:17 PM
    It was the very first entry that came up when I googled for “use ipad send imessage phone number”
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-27-2017 12:19 PM
    It was the very first entry that came up when I googled for “use ipad send imessage phone number”
    Always heard it had to be email. I didn't know this. So you can have an iPhone and iPad and send iMessage on both with the same number? Cool.
    Tartarus and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-27-2017 03:14 PM
    Always heard it had to be email. I didn't know this. So you can have an iPhone and iPad and send iMessage on both with the same number? Cool.
    Right on.
    It works the same as with sending an iMessage from your Watch using your phone number.
    12-27-2017 04:10 PM
    The above steps work as long as the OP has an iPhone, but if he/she uses Android there wouldn't be a way for it to come from a phone number. Email address is the only option as far as I know
    12-28-2017 07:40 AM
    The above steps work as long as the OP has an iPhone, but if he/she uses Android there wouldn't be a way for it to come from a phone number. Email address is the only option as far as I know
    You have a point there. Since I don’t have any android devices, I didn’t think of this. Thanks for clarifying.
    12-28-2017 08:24 AM
    This is true for a friend of mine. She’s deaf and doesn’t want a mobile phone of any kind. She does have an iPad and this is how we “text”.
    12-28-2017 08:40 AM
    And the OP didn't say which phone they used.
    12-28-2017 01:17 PM