sending emails to a phone

keith krause

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I just got a new Ipad and i cant send Imessages to a phone number it only goes from my email account I tried looking how to change my apple ID and icloud email but nothing worked can someone help

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to answer what you posted rather than what is in your thread title.

Are you signed in with the same Apple ID as your iPhone?
When you go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, is your phone number selected?
Do you have "Text Forwarding" enabled for your iPad?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're on iPad, be sure you have an email address checked in settlngs > Messages > send and receive. You should be able to send an iMessage to someone using the email, rather than a phone number. An iPad can't use the phone number.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're on iPad, be sure you have an email address checked in settlngs > Messages > send and receive. You should be able to send an iMessage to someone using the email, rather than a phone number. An iPad can't use the phone number.

It was the very first entry that came up when I googled for “use ipad send imessage phone number”

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The above steps work as long as the OP has an iPhone, but if he/she uses Android there wouldn't be a way for it to come from a phone number. Email address is the only option as far as I know

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The above steps work as long as the OP has an iPhone, but if he/she uses Android there wouldn't be a way for it to come from a phone number. Email address is the only option as far as I know

You have a point there. Since I don’t have any android devices, I didn’t think of this. Thanks for clarifying.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

This is true for a friend of mine. She’s deaf and doesn’t want a mobile phone of any kind. She does have an iPad and this is how we “text”.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2