I have no idea what this device can do. We got it for free at work. It seems to be a 2TB 2011 model. We are the only department that uses iPads and iPhones so it was given to us.

Can I use it to sync data between my iPads, back up their data or ?

I only use iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, so my knowledge as to what this accessory can do is very limited.

I did try to search for information about it online, but had little luck finding anything useful. Hopefully someone can provide some insight on using this item. It will be in a workplace, so it isn’t for my personal use. Thanks in advance!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-09-2017 08:09 PM
    Here's a guide by Apple on the Time Capsule and what it can do for you. Also here is a link to the User Manual. Between the two links you should be able to find all your answers and more. Thank you!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-09-2017 10:27 PM
    @firedept10 posted some great resources above. In a nutshell, Time Capsules are wireless routers that can back up OS X and macOS devices. Unfortunately they can’t be used for anything related to iOS devices or simply as remote storage. I have a Time Capsule but I’m not a huge fan of it because it’s so limited.
    The good news is Time Capsules are extremely easy to set up and can also be connected to some USB 2.0 devices like printers and hard drives.
    firedept10 likes this.
    12-10-2017 05:23 AM
    I purchased the Airport TC a few years ago. Today, I am scratching my head, asking myself why? I understand the purpose of them and what could be the benefits of using it.

Initially, I tried to use it as a "router" but soon discovered it lacked many basic features. No parental controls or client management. I am still puzzled why Apple would have entered the router market and what their thought was on releasing this product as a "router" with some other features. I was using a Linksys and Asus router both of which had more features than the TC in terms of "router" capabilities. I mean coming from Linksys and Asus routers, I'm put those aside and start using the Airport TC as my main "router". Hello?

I'm still thinking of how I can use it. If I am not using it as a "router" then I could use it for TM backups or a file storage. That is great and everything but it doesn't provide iOS backups. I have to connect my iPhone and other Wifi devices to the Mac and do it the old fashion way. I know you can perform iCloud backups. I get all of that.

One day, I may sell the TC on Ebay.
    02-28-2018 10:02 AM