For the 2nd time in about an hour, I'm getting an odd alert ringing on my phone, and I can't figure out what it is! This has also happened a couple of very random times in the last few days. It's not an incoming phone call, it's not an Alarm. It's not from my calendar. It's making me crazy.

When I swipe down, from my home screen there are no notifications. Can anyone suggest where else I could look? I'm not a novice user, and this is making me feel really clueless!

Thanks!
    12-05-2017 08:27 AM
    Is someone playing a trick and chiming your device through the Find My iPhone service?

Not that I've done this to family members or anything...
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-05-2017 08:51 AM
    Is someone playing a trick and chiming your device through the Find My iPhone service?

Not that I've done this to family members or anything...
    I don't "think" so, but that's an intriguing thought! I don't think my husband would do so, but then you never know! Thanks for the suggestion!
    12-05-2017 09:06 AM
    I don't "think" so, but that's an intriguing thought! I don't think my husband would do so, but then you never know! Thanks for the suggestion!
    No problem. Some other thoughts would be;
    1. Are there any new applications you've installed lately?
    2. Local emergency alerts?
    3. Check your notification alerts. I believe it's possible to have an app set to not have any banners or visual notifications yet still have the sound enabled. In other words, the banner and badge may be disabled for an app but the sound is still enabled for it.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-05-2017 09:09 AM
    Funny you should mention an odd notification sound. I had this same thing several weeks ago. I tried changing all of the sound notifications to the same sound and was still getting a notification sound that was not any stock sounds. I finally ended up resetting all of my settings and that fixed it. The only annoyance after having to do this was re-adding all of my credit cards and redoing the WiFi passwords for both of our networks in the house. Haven't heard that notification sound since.
    12-05-2017 04:46 PM