Cannot Delete item in Accounts and Passwords

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Since installing IOS 11 to my iPad Air 2 with the new Accounts and Passwords setting, I have one account appearing which I cannot delete. I have never used Keychain or AutoFill on any of my devices. I have tried restoring via iTunes, but this item stubbornly remains. Has anyone else seen this problem or can offer any suggestions, please.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to an app or website password? Or just an account on the main screen? If you’re referring to an account on the main screen that makes sense because it’s probably your iCloud account.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you be specific on the problem you are having, please? In addition, can you tell us what device and OS version you are using?

Like with the OP, I cannot delete a public wifi hotspot Account/Password. It's like a zombie. You can cut off it's head, but it comes back. The account shows up with a - (hyphen) in front of the account name. Editing it, for example, userid: delete
password: delete creates a brand new entry that cannot be deleted.

My OS is 11.4.1 and this started with the 11.0. I never had this issue with the same provider in version.10. I am attaching a pic.

IMG_1375.jpg

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Just to provide a conclusion to this thread, which I started back in 2017. The problem was fixed in IOS 12.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR