Why no voice command to take pictures with iPhone ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
An Android feature I miss very much is voice command to take a picture or a selfie by simply saying “shoot”, “cheese” or “smile”.
As someone who goes back and forth between Galaxy phones and iPhones I’m quite perplexed why iPhones don’t have this feature ?
Yea, Siri will open your camera app, big deal !!!
Galaxy phones have had voice command to take pictures for years, why can’t iPhones do this very useful feature ?
And yes, I’ve checked out the iOS 3rd Party apps that “claim” to do voice command and none of them work, at least none of the apps I’ve tried so far work.
Just got my new X (came from a 7 Plus).
Feedback or a suggestion of a voice command app that actually works would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The short answer is simply because that feature hasn’t been integrated into the iPhone. In additional, other than you, I haven’t read or heard of anybody complaining about it in an outside of the forums.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This is one feature I never used, nor ever saw a need for, on my S8. There are several features that I'd love for iOS to adopt. This isn't one of them. I really don't see the need for it, personally.

If you're wanting to avoid contact with the screen while taking a picture, you can use the volume button to snap the picture.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Personally I can say that you're the first person I've heard mention this feature, let alone use it. I saw it was an option with my galaxy note and never used it. With that said, if I don't know anyone that has used it or even knows about it then I'm assuming Apple wouldn't put it in due to its lack of use on other devices.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Personally I can say that you're the first person I've heard mention this feature.
I don't know anyone that has used it or even knows about it

Are you the only person in the universe who didn't see this commercial play during every commercial break? OMG, it drove me nuts not being able to fast forward through this while watching a few TV shows On Demand. Five minutes of show, Apple Dwayne Johnson commercial, Five minutes of show, Apple Dwayne Johnson commercial,Five minutes of show, Apple Dwayne Johnson commercial.

If you watch closely, he doesn't press any buttons, which makes it appear as if Siri takes the photo for you. There's an extended version of this commercial that millions of people viewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzApLfjUWM

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The short answer is simply because that feature hasn’t been integrated into the iPhone. In additional, other than you, I haven’t read or heard of anybody complaining about it in an outside of the forums.

I never thought of it before, but now that I've heard of it I can see where it might be useful. Especially if you were using a tripod.

lnchl8y

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Personally I can say that you're the first person I've heard mention this feature, let alone use it. I saw it was an option with my galaxy note and never used it. With that said, if I don't know anyone that has used it or even knows about it then I'm assuming Apple wouldn't put it in due to its lack of use on other devices.

This would be a welcome feature for individuals with disabilities. I only have use of one hand and have struggled to take pictures in landscape view bcause I can't quite capture the shot and hit that white button without dropping the thing or losing the shot. Thanks, however on the tip about shooting by using the volume buttons! This is a big help! More voice commands in IOS would help a lot of us "one-anders)