Lock cellular data on, on iphone.

longdog2011

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I want to use the find my iphone app to track my daughter's whereabouts. I have enabled restrictions and put pin only I know on it. It locked to start with, but following a restart she is now able to turn off the cellular at will. Is it possible to permanently lock the data setting to ON?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I want to use the find my iphone app to track my daughter's whereabouts. I have enabled restrictions and put pin only I know on it. It locked to start with, but following a restart she is now able to turn off the cellular at will. Is it possible to permanently lock the data setting to ON?

The cellular data within “restrictions” has to do with using data for apps. As afar as I know, there’s isn’t a way to restrict someone turning off cellular data all together. As a parent myself, she wouldn’t be going anywhere if she can’t follow my rules. You want to turn cellular data off, then you might as well stay home & since you’re staying home, there’s no need for you to have your phone!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....As a parent myself, she wouldn’t be going anywhere if she can’t follow my rules. You want to turn cellular data off, then you might as well stay home & since you’re staying home, there’s no need for you to have your phone!!

Now that’s what I’m talking about!...(laughing)....We are definitely on the same page!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I highly recommend Life 360 for your family circle. There's tracking, tracking history, a check-in feature, a panic button feature, feature you can set up to alert you when they arrive at an address and leave an address (school for example), in the map for Life 360 you can see where the convicted child predators are, you can see where all of the hospitals, fire departments, and police departments are. If your daughter is allowed to keep her phone on in school, then you'll know if she turned it off. You can see it in Life 360 because the battery icon for her phone will be gone. Life 360 also has a location request feature. This app does so many things, there's no way I could write it all down in this post. It's free.

When my kids where younger I gave them a choice; either use the phone responsibly, check in diligently with Life 360, on time, and frequently, and never disable the GPS (they had to turn phones off in school, and this was the only exception). If they broke those rules then they lost their phones for 2 weeks. No if ands or buts. With Life 360 it's a two way street. I did, and still do, check-ins to let my loved ones know that I am ok if I am not home.... I have family members in my Life 360 circle in 2 other states.

You can't really lock the data settings. It's up to you as a parent to enforce your rules.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2