Why does my Mac start up in MacOs Utilities after a restart or a shut down?

I

iMore Question

I have a MacBook Pro 13inch 2017 and randomly one day when I started it up after shutting down it brought me to the MacOs Utilities window. This happens every time since then after a shutdown or a restart. The only work around I found is to hit the option key while starting up and then start it in Macintosh HD. It doesn't directly bring me to MacOs Utilities though. It first asks me to choose a language. Also, after hitting the option key, I see Macintosh HD, Windows (I'm running bootcamp), and a third option: Recovery-10.2.16. that I have never seen before. Anyone know the reason why this is happening/ how to restart normally? Thanks in advance

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have a MacBook Pro 13inch 2017 and randomly one day when I started it up after shutting down it brought me to the MacOs Utilities window. This happens every time since then after a shutdown or a restart. The only work around I found is to hit the option key while starting up and then start it in Macintosh HD. It doesn't directly bring me to MacOs Utilities though. It first asks me to choose a language. Also, after hitting the option key, I see Macintosh HD, Windows (I'm running bootcamp), and a third option: Recovery-10.2.16. that I have never seen before. Anyone know the reason why this is happening/ how to restart normally? Thanks in advance

I would probably check and see if there's a problem by pressing Command and R keys when you boot, open Disk Utility and repair it if need be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW