Text messages not being received

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My daughter & son-in-law moved from Florida to central North Carolina. They both use the iPhone 6S, with Verizon. They don't receive any text messages from people here in sw Florida, who use T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint. Is there a setting in the 6S that will remedy this problem? Thanks for any help.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I can only suggest being sure all network info is turned, it’s connected to Verizon. Maybe reset connection settings and/or resetting the phones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have they checked with Verizon? I'm in Alabama (Verizon) and get texts from a friend in Miami (AT&T) all the time. I don't know of any setting like that.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If it's regular text messages, they'll need to contact their cell phone provider to find out why texts are not coming in.

If it's iMessage; those can only be shared between Apple devices. Sometimes turning iMessages off and then back on again will untstick them.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I use iMessage and SMS.

Thanks for the help. It was his provider, Verizon. They were only allowing iMessages to go through to his phone. They fixed it and it's all good now. When he had T-Mobile, he never had this problem. Maybe it's time for him to dump Big Red, and go back to Big Magenta.:p

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. It was his provider, Verizon. They were only allowing iMessages to go through to his phone. They fixed it and it's all good now. When he had T-Mobile, he never had this problem. Maybe it's time for him to dump Big Red, and go back to Big Magenta.:p

Glad it's straightened out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711