my iphone now wont turn on after it was displaying a red battery and tried warming it

kucashley

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
what must i do to turn on my iphone 5s.the battery went flat and i tried charging it then it gave me the red battery sign nd read a post talkin about warming it up,i did so but now its giving me a black screen.the battery sign no longer appears what should i do...

Last edited by a moderator:

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
One of those many posts where you try homemade fixes and cause even more problems (laugh). How did you heat it up? I don’t know how to fix this, but someone who does will hopefully come back to you.

PS. Please do not give away phone numbers here (Mod!)

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

One possibility is the battery needs to be replaced. Take it and have it looked at by Apple. They'll be able to tell you. Battery replacements are cheap. Thank you.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

One possibility is the battery needs to be replaced. Take it and have it looked at by Apple. They'll be able to tell you. Battery replacements are cheap. Thank you.

I did a quick search and found out that there are no Apple Stores in Zimbabwe, where the OP is from (checked the country code for that phone number).

kucashley

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
yes we actually have one in Borrowdale.third part reseller..(iclick) so will try and visit their store and enquire..if they fail i will have to try and get help from local shop owners who repair phones so that they can change the battery and test if it is the battery that needs replacement.on the other hand how safe or easy is it to open it and check the battery myself or even replace it..your opinion

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, don't ever take a hairdryer to a cell phone.

Aren't those iClick places certified Apple repair stores? I would not take my Apple device anywhere that was not certified by Apple. If you don't have an Apple certified shop near you and your warranty is gone anyway, watch some YouTube videos on battery replacement and decide for yourself whether or not you can do it on your own.

kucashley

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
thanks Sherry B and all of you guys!!!! its on wat i actually did was use what they call a power brick.it helps boost up the battery if it was dead.so i gt my mobile up and running.thanks

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
thanks Sherry B and all of you guys!!!! its on wat i actually did was use what they call a power brick.it helps boost up the battery if it was dead.so i gt my mobile up and running.thanks

You're very welcome.... glad you got your cell going!! Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2