With the idea of security and protecting all your data, growing more and more, I'm now looking into iCloud Keychain.

Currently, I use a few methods for security. Example, Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), or Two-factor Authentication. Often these require an app, or text message code confirmation, prior to logging into an application or website portal.

I've been curious about iCloud Keychain for a while, and thus curious who uses it?
    In particular, do you use it, AND, do you happen to swap devices often (whether that be between iOS devices or iOS to Android). If swapping devices often, do you encounter any issues, loss of data etc. (I know iCloud Keychain isn't available on Android).

Thanks in advance
    Ivan

PS: not sure which section on the forum this posts fits best. MODs, feel free to move, etc.
    11-09-2017 07:39 AM
    Yes, I use the iCloud Keychain quite often, especially when logging onto sites to pay a bill. I don’t use Android devices so when I switch to my iPad Pro, for example, I still have access to my iCloud Keychain. No loss of data.
    11-09-2017 07:50 AM
    I love iCloud Keychain!!! Its a great way to easily sign in to both websites and apps. Once you put your username into the app you can click on the little key above the top row of keys on the keyboard. Authenticate with TouchID or FaceID (depending on device) and you can access the password.

I haven't noticed any loss of data switching between devices. Keychain works well on both my iOS devices and my MBP. I also traded in my 7 Plus for a S8+ when they were released, and when I went back to iOS with the 8 everything was still there in my Keychain. Even sites that I joined while I wasn't using iOS had their passwords saved in my Keychain b/c I had logged in on my MBP.
    Last edited by msm0511; 11-10-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-10-2017 08:37 AM
    Hmm, well, I guess time to turn this thing on then

Thanks all. Am already knee deep in Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and Two Factor Authentication, might as well have another...
    11-10-2017 01:37 PM
    I use keychain across iOS and OS X platforms. Very convenient. However, I don’t use it for any of my financial accounts. Just not ready to go there.
    11-13-2017 12:53 PM
    I use it all the time but I have yet to find a solution if you do switch to Android
    11-15-2017 10:47 PM
    I use it all the time but I have yet to find a solution if you do switch to Android
    Google has something similar. It has to initially be set up just like iCloud Keychain. I don't think they do suggested passwords though. Can't remember.
    11-16-2017 07:24 AM
    Google has something similar. It has to initially be set up just like iCloud Keychain. I don't think they do suggested passwords though. Can't remember.
    Not my issue. My issue is trying to get that info transferred over from iOS
    11-16-2017 09:20 AM
    Not my issue. My issue is trying to get that info transferred over from iOS
    Oh yeah, you'll have to re-sign in initially. I just save all my passwords in a locked Notes app and do it that way.
    11-16-2017 09:29 AM
    Oh yeah, you'll have to re-sign in initially. I just save all my passwords in a locked Notes app and do it that way.
    I have a lot of passwords
    11-16-2017 09:32 AM
    I have a lot of passwords
    Haha! As do I. Different password for everything. It's annoying during the initial set up, but It'll be tied to your Google acct so if you got a different Android phone down the road it transfers over. Or if you already use Chrome (I don't) they'll all already be in your Google acct.
    11-16-2017 09:35 AM
    I love iCloud Keychain and use it daily! It’s extremely convenient, since I’m currently using about 7 Apple devices.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-18-2017 07:23 AM