Hello,
    I used to be a Windows 10 Mobile user. I saved my contacts in People signed in with my Microsoft account (@hotmail.com). W10M's dead, I bought an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3. I registered Apple ID with my MS account (the Apple ID is the same as my MS account, both are @hotmail.com). In some previous tries, I couldn't add my MS account in Contacts, Calendar... (may be because the MS account is the same as the Apple ID). But yesterday I did it, I added successfully, but the contacts are not synced. I updated in Contacts app, but no contacts was loaded from People. Can you help me?
    10-29-2017 08:35 PM
  2. linsiris said: Best Answer

Hello, welcome!

First of all, as far as I know, your Apple ID being the same as one of your emails has nothing to do, they are separate accounts.

Second, if you added your MS account by going to phone settings > accounts and passwords > add an account, it should give you the option to toggle on/off 5 settings: email, contacts, calendars, reminders, and notes. Toggling on the contacts should start syncing and showing them in your contacts app.

Third: keep in mind that if you open the contacts app and check the upper left corner that says "groups" you can see if your outlook contacts are checked (hence shown) or not.

Hope this helps, otherwise, let us know.
    Hello, welcome!

First of all, as far as I know, your Apple ID being the same as one of your emails has nothing to do, they are separate accounts.

Second, if you added your MS account by going to phone settings > accounts and passwords > add an account, it should give you the option to toggle on/off 5 settings: email, contacts, calendars, reminders, and notes. Toggling on the contacts should start syncing and showing them in your contacts app.

Third: keep in mind that if you open the contacts app and check the upper left corner that says "groups" you can see if your outlook contacts are checked (hence shown) or not.

Hope this helps, otherwise, let us know.
    10-29-2017 09:50 PM