Battery drains overnight, iPhone 7 Plus

Ahmed Aws

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
So here is how it happened, i made a mistake and took the phone underwater for like 2 mins and now i am ended up with a broken Touch ID which resulted in a broken Home button and my battery drains overnight like craazy, if i leave on 80% i would wake up and its 40% sometimes less. My question is, if i replace the battery would this solve the issue or is it possible that something else is causing the battery drainge? And we don’t have apple stores or authorized seller in my city so thats not an option.
Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Since the iPhone 7 Plus is not waterproof, there's no way to tell what might be causing any issues you have. It may or may not be the battery. Try swiping all your apps out of multitasking, then do a hard reset (reboot). If the battery continues to discharge rapidly, then there may be a problem. If possible, take it to an Apple Store and let them look at it. If water got inside the phone, you may start having problems down the road.

Ahmed Aws

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Not only i have tried rebooting, i actually tried going back to 10.3.2 when it was signed, then 10.3.3 and now i am on the lated beta of iOS 11. And still having the same issue since 2 months. Does this mean there is a higher chance it is the battery?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not only i have tried rebooting, i actually tried going back to 10.3.2 when it was signed, then 10.3.3 and now i am on the lated beta of iOS 11. And still having the same issue since 2 months. Does this mean there is a higher chance it is the battery?

If it's a hardware issue, it wouldn't matter about the software. So regardless of which OS you're on, it's the same. Still could be battery or something else. Did you swipe out all the apps before rebooting?

Ahmed Aws

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
i don’t think i have, will try now and see if there is a difference. if this doesn’t work, do think changing the battery, in a 3rd party store, might work? Can’t be worse than now i guess?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Altough the iPhone 7 is splash, dust and water resistant (around 30 mins in up to 1 mt submertion).
I think the steps you took afterwards were crucial. They usually recommend you dry excess water with a clean cloth (lint-free) from the ports and let it dry for at least 4-5 hrs before plugin it in otherwise you may see this kinna damage.

And since you don't have an official apple store or authorized retailer, I recommend you either look for the most decent tech store or order a battery replacement online yourself and take it to someone to install it for you.

I hope you solve your problem, good luck :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Before you go buy a new battery what I would suggest is reloading your phone via DFU mode and setting up as new. Do not restore from backup and use it for a day see how the battery life is.

If it still drains you could take it to a tech shop, order a battery or sell it for parts and buy a new phone. The thing is once water gets in the device there could be all sorts of problems. You might spend the money on a new battery and end up with the same problem because there is something else constantly draining the battery.

Ahmed Aws

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Before you go buy a new battery what I would suggest is reloading your phone via DFU mode and setting up as new. Do not restore from backup and use it for a day see how the battery life is.

If it still drains you could take it to a tech shop, order a battery or sell it for parts and buy a new phone. The thing is once water gets in the device there could be all sorts of problems. You might spend the money on a new battery and end up with the same problem because there is something else constantly draining the battery.

You were right, i didn’t read this until now.
I did replace the battery with a new one, when they opened my phone they said there was a lot of water in the inside ( it was there for 2 months xD ) so they dried and put the new battery. But sadly that didn’t work, left my phone at 92% last night and woke up to 40%. As for the DFU solution i will try that once i have enough time and will report back.
:(
I believe that whatever is causing this issue has something to do with the touch ID and the home button, my phone even takes A LONG time to boot up.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73