Why is my battrey drained after unplugging it?

I

iMore Question

I am using iPhone 7 and after unplugging my phone it goes straight from 55 percent down to 1 percent immediately. I was only deleting some emails and it has not done this before. I have had to use my old htc charger plugged into my pc as my apple charger got ripped slightly and stopped charging so had to throw it away. It is currently doing an update.

Also it won't let me back up as I have no room left and asking me to buy more storage.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s possible that you have:

1. a defective battery
2. a charging cable that is not truly charging the device.
3. a corrupt setting

I recommend you create an iTunes backup and then restore your device. Afterwards, set it up as new.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
For the first issue, try a hard reboot: Hold Power + Volume down until you see the Apple logo.

For the second issue, buy more storage
(iCloud is REALLY inexpensive).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try a reboot like suggest for the battery drain. Also if it's still draining try putting it into DFU mode and reload iOS setup as new. Use it for half a day and see if it works or if you still have battery drain issues. If there is no issue then something in your backup is causing the issue. You could do a reload and restore from your backup and look for any old apps that haven't been updated and get rid of them. As for the backup space one suggestion is to join Flickr which gives you 1TB for picture and video storage. They have an iOS app that will backup the pictures and videos from your device. Then under the settings you can go into the backup and uncheck the pictures. This means the pictures will not be backed up in your iCloud backups. Therefore you have to be diligent about making sure they are on Flickr and/or copying them to your computer or external storage. It's an option it's not for everyone. If you want convenience then just upgrade your iCloud storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro