Whenever I shut off my phone the icon that shows cellular service remains white (not green) and I get a Wifi symbol in blue in the top left corner. Any idea what that is?

Thanks
    10-24-2017 07:41 PM
    Your Apple Watch is connected to a known WiFi. If you want to connect to Cellular instead you will have to disable WiFi on your watch or move somewhere else that has no WiFi (you’ve previously connected with).
    10-24-2017 08:03 PM
    Your Apple Watch is connected to a known WiFi. If you want to connect to Cellular instead you will have to disable WiFi on your watch or move somewhere else that has no WiFi (you’ve previously connected with).
    Thank you... Here is a stupid question... How do you disable Wifi on the watch?
    10-25-2017 08:19 AM
    It’s not stupid at all, you just swipe from the bottom up from your watchface and you’ll see control center. Here I found a link that should help you https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206951
    10-25-2017 10:16 AM
    Right now you can not turn it off. With a soon to be released watchOS update you will have the option to turn off WiFi on the watch from control center.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:20 AM
    Follow-up on my problem. The Apple Store said that the watch was defective and when I got home with the new one and the same thing happened, I called Apple Support and they said it was a "Verizon Issue".. I called Verizon and the person I spoke to was awesome. We troubleshot the device and she was looking for answers and the one common reply that she found was to toggle off and on messages on your PHONE and after doing that twice the watch is working perfectly!

It is great when you get good customer service. I was a little disappointed that no one in the Apple Store or on line with support knew the answer, but at least it was fixed!!
    linsiris likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:39 AM
    Follow-up on my problem. The Apple Store said that the watch was defective and when I got home with the new one and the same thing happened, I called Apple Support and they said it was a "Verizon Issue".. I called Verizon and the person I spoke to was awesome. We troubleshot the device and she was looking for answers and the one common reply that she found was to toggle off and on messages on your PHONE and after doing that twice the watch is working perfectly!

It is great when you get good customer service. I was a little disappointed that no one in the Apple Store or on line with support knew the answer, but at least it was fixed!!
    Yeah you’re right, nothing better than good and dedicated customer service (which Apple usually have at least in my experience, not nice they didn't see it through or called someone who knew if they didn't.
    Anyway glad you fixed your problem, finally you can enjoy your watch. I sure am enjoying mine
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-26-2017 01:40 PM