When I use a Bluetooth headset I get a weird occurrence about every 4th or 5th call. The pitch of the voice on both ends sounds an octave or more lower like a monster voice. It’s happened on at least three different headsets including AirPods. I almost never make calls without a headset so it may happen without a headset too although I don’t remember it ever happening that way. Hanging up and redialing is the only way to clear it. It seems to only happen on calls I initiate - outgoing calls. I can usually tell before the person picks up because the ringer pitch is low.
    10-21-2017 09:23 AM
    I do not know, especially when the device you’re using to make and receive calls is unknown. The AirPods Apple and non-Apple smart devices. Having said that, call-related issues are often solved through your wireless carrier, explain your situation to them and then ask that they troubleshoot from their end.
    10-21-2017 10:36 AM
    Sorry, I should have said the device. It has happened on both my 6S and 7. I’ve only used iPhones since the 3GS, and this being iMore I figured it was understood it was an iOS device.
    10-21-2017 11:13 AM