How do I unlock my iPhone 6 for international carrier use? Please it's Urgent

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I just received an iPhone 6 I purchased from amazon that is supposed to be unlocked. When turned on, it Shows me a selection of carriers only in the US to choose from. I want to be able to use other carriers internationally without any problem and not a US carrier. When I checked online for solutions, I was told to select Verizon that it would unlock the phone to be able to use other GSM networks but was not told if I could use it on other GSM networks round the world. My question is this, can I use this phone with other GSM carriers round the work like in Africa where I would be heading soon and would be there for a while? I want to be able to use this phone any where in the world. I also got a reply mail from the seller who contacted the manufacturer and got a response that the iPhone 6 was a loner phone and that Verizon should be selected so that at&t and the rest could be used. Does this mean other gsm round the world are also eligible ? Thank you for your time and response

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
It is a gsm phone and not cdma. I put in a gsm SIM card after selecting Verizon in the carrier selection and the phone got signal. So does this mean it would work with every SIM card now? Do you think its unlocked now ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a gsm phone and not cdma. I put in a gsm SIM card after selecting Verizon in the carrier selection and the phone got signal. So does this mean it would work with every SIM card now? Do you think its unlocked now ?

Once you put the SIM card in, it should automatically detect the carrier and display that carrier’s name in the top left corner of the display, unless it’s a generic SIM of some sort. Anyway, you should be able to use almost any SIM card from a GSM carrier.

As for it being unlocked, were you able to make a phone call with the SIM card you inserted? If so then consider the device unlocked for you.

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Yes a phone call was made with it and got someone to call the phone too. That why I'm asking if it's possible to be locked and still work. Or is the Verizon selection a hack to get around it to work? Someone is telling me it could be a hack to get it to work because it's locked . So this is what happened before I got it to work. A carrier selection screen came up, I selected Verizon as I read online and it worked . Is there this a normal way? Have you experienced this as well? If I had chosen other carriers like at&t like I did too it did not work. I am just worried about taking it to another country and it would not work there

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I had to go through a carrier selection process first where I then chose Verizon because if I had chosen at&t it would not work so Verizon was the way and the signal came up indicating the SIM card was working and test calls were also made on it. My sibling still thinks the phone is locked and that the Verizon selection is just like a hack. I am just worries that if I take it out of this country to another country would it work there or not . Because my sibling says her iPhone did not do this .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes a phone call was made with it and got someone to call the phone too. That why I'm asking if it's possible to be locked and still work. Or is the Verizon selection a hack to get around it to work? Someone is telling me it could be a hack to get it to work because it's locked . So this is what happened before I got it to work. A carrier selection screen came up, I selected Verizon as I read online and it worked . Is there this a normal way? Have you experienced this as well? If I had chosen other carriers like at&t like I did too it did not work. I am just worried about taking it to another country and it would not work there

In your initial post, you stated that the device is supposed to be “unlocked”. With that in mind, if you were able to put a random GSM SIM card in it and successfully made and received a call then more than likely it is unlocked.

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
The company that sold the iPhone contacted the manufactured for an unlock code gland this is what their response was

Hello,

We have received a response from the manufacturer. They stated the following:

"IMEI 355************ is a loaner device. When they first set it up, this special loaner model will ask them to pick the carrier. The best choice is to pick “Verizon” and they can continue on and use T-Mobile or AT&T."

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

So does this mean the part they said "The best choice is to pick “Verizon” and they can continue on and use T-Mobile or AT&T." Means T-Mobile or AT&T represents other gsm carriers would work too

Last edited:

vonbuci

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
The company that sold the iPhone contacted the manufactured for an unlock code gland this is what their response was

Hello,

We have received a response from the manufacturer. They stated the following:

"IMEI 355************ is a loaner device. When they first set it up, this special loaner model will ask them to pick the carrier. The best choice is to pick “Verizon” and they can continue on and use T-Mobile or AT&T."

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

So does it mean the part they said "The best choice is to pick “Verizon” and they can continue on and use T-Mobile or AT&T." Means T-Mobile or AT&T means or represents other gsm carriers would work too