No sound on Apple tv

JAHall721

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
My Apple TV 3 Has worked perfectly until I updated my Mac to High Sierra today. Now I have no audio from the ATV. I’ve reset it to factory settings, reset the router, checked all the settings. No change, video is fine but no audio. Everything is affected-iTunes library, Netflix, iTunes Store, etc.
Any ideas?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

My suggestion now would be to try another hdmi cable. Also check you audio and videos settings under Settings. As well check you don't have the mute button ON on your TV. Just a few things to try. Thanks.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My Apple TV 3 Has worked perfectly until I updated my Mac to High Sierra today.

Curious. Are you using AirPlay to send from your Mac to the Apple TV? If that's the case, do you have your Mac sound settings set to use the ATV for sound?

JAHall721

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Airplay to ATV works fine. The problem is when using the ATV alone. Video is perfect but no sound. This includes streaming from iTunes Store, apps like Netflix, or content from the library on the Mac.

Update: I changed to a different HDMI input on the tv and the sound came back. Yesterday I used airplay from the Mac to listen to music. When I later tried to watch content on ATV the problem recurred. Reset and changing HDMI input again finally got it working. This problem started right after High Sierra install. Coincidence?

JAHall721

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Airplay to ATV works fine. The problem is when using the ATV alone. Video is perfect but no sound. This includes streaming from iTunes Store, apps like Netflix, or content from the library on the Mac.

Update: I changed to a different HDMI input on the tv and the sound came back. Yesterday I used airplay from the Mac to listen to music. When I later tried to watch content on ATV the problem recurred. Reset and changing HDMI input again finally got it working. This problem started right after High Sierra install. Coincidence?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2