Hi,
    I recently upgraded to High Sierra and for some reason it has revoked permissions for the main hard drive.
    It seems to have only given write permission to "system".
    I am the administrator and I log in to my profile. I then click on the lock, then on the + symbol and click to add my, but it says I do not have permission to do that!
    Means I can't download anything or write to hard drive, very frustrating.
    Anyone know how to get around this?
    Thanks
    10-13-2017 12:17 AM
    Hi,
    I recently upgraded to High Sierra and for some reason it has revoked permissions for the main hard drive.
    I am the administrator and I log in to my profile. I then click on the lock, then on the + symbol and click to add my, but it says I do not have permission to do that!
    Thanks
    My suggestion would be to create another administrative account. Then see if you have the appropriate permissions on that account. If so then check if everything else is working fine. If it it then delete the administration account that doesn't work and start using the new administrative account.
    10-14-2017 09:30 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Boot your iMac into safe mode to see if you’re able to access your main drive.
    10-14-2017 10:20 AM