Locked out of hard drive on iMac

Deralikt

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I recently upgraded to High Sierra and for some reason it has revoked permissions for the main hard drive.
It seems to have only given write permission to "system".
I am the administrator and I log in to my profile. I then click on the lock, then on the + symbol and click to add my, but it says I do not have permission to do that!
Means I can't download anything or write to hard drive, very frustrating.
Anyone know how to get around this?
Thanks

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I recently upgraded to High Sierra and for some reason it has revoked permissions for the main hard drive.
I am the administrator and I log in to my profile. I then click on the lock, then on the + symbol and click to add my, but it says I do not have permission to do that!
Thanks

My suggestion would be to create another administrative account. Then see if you have the appropriate permissions on that account. If so then check if everything else is working fine. If it it then delete the administration account that doesn't work and start using the new administrative account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks

Boot your iMac into safe mode to see if you’re able to access your main drive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR