This is insanely frustrating for me. I just went for a Plus iPhone for the first time (iPhone 8) and expected to be able to adjust to the experience a bit easier with the Reachability feature which I actually really like, but one of the most significant ways of how I planned to use it was to make it easy to get to notifications. Before iOS 11 I could double touch to pull the screen down and then from slightly above the top of the pulled down screen I could still use the swipe down gesture to get to notifications. This is not working in iOS 11. The screen pulls down, but I am still forced to go all the way to the top of the physical iPhone screen in order for the pull down gesture to work to engage the notifications view.

Anybody know if I'm just screwed here or if this may be something that Apple may fix? Also, where can I report this as an issue in hopes of prodding Apple to return this capability?
    kam2958 likes this.
    10-06-2017 11:22 PM
    While I’m (im)patiently waiting for a banner notification to test out your issue, you can provide feedback to Apple by visiting http://www.apple.com/feedback
    KnoaWyls likes this.
    10-07-2017 07:14 AM
    Alright, just got one. Yep, notifications stay at the top of the screen even if you activate Reachability.

It’s also annoying that the handy “return to app” shortcut in the upper left doesn’t work in Reachability either. It didn’t work in iOS 10 either though.
    KnoaWyls likes this.
    10-07-2017 07:15 AM

It’s also annoying that the handy “return to app” shortcut in the upper left doesn’t work in Reachability either. It didn’t work in iOS 10 either though.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6550dd04ec.jpg
    If you’re referring to a return to the Tapatalk app option, I just tried it and it worked while reachability was activated.
    kam2958 and KnoaWyls like this.
    10-07-2017 07:45 AM
    If you’re referring to a return to the Tapatalk app option, I just tried it and it worked while reachability was activated.
    Just turned off Reachability and then turned it back on and now it works! Thanks for checking on it for me.
    10-07-2017 07:48 AM
    Just turned off Reachability and then turned it back on and now it works! Thanks for checking on it for me.
    You’re very welcome, sir...
    KnoaWyls likes this.
    10-07-2017 07:49 AM
    Didn't know that wasn't working either. That's also disappointing.
    10-10-2017 01:32 AM
    Didn't know that wasn't working either. That's also disappointing.
    Just saw that you all are showing this feature as working. I was also able to successfully test it. Now, I'm just waiting to see what happens with my original issue. In the meantime, I have submitted feedback to Apple on this.
    10-10-2017 01:44 AM
    Before iOS 11 I could double touch to pull the screen down and then from slightly above the top of the pulled down screen I could still use the swipe down gesture to get to notifications. This is not working in iOS 11. The screen pulls down, but I am still forced to go all the way to the top of the physical iPhone screen in order for the pull-down gesture to work to engage the notifications view.

Anybody know if I'm just screwed here or if this may be something that Apple may fix? Also, where can I report this as an issue in hopes of prodding Apple to return this capability?
    Well, you are right, I didn't notice this before as I really don't have much problem scrolling down from all the way up (I guess it's the way I grab my iPhone, plus I have rather large hands).

But yeah that feature was supposed to be there to help in the first place, not nice it's gone (as is the force touch from the edge which I HATE is gone too in iOS 11).
    KnoaWyls likes this.
    10-10-2017 08:37 PM
    Hell yeah! It seems Apple has acknowledged the issue and plans to get it addressed. Dramatically punches and leaps up into the air. :-) Many thanks to Ken Ray for raising awareness on this. - Mac OS Ken
    10-12-2017 05:37 PM
    I've heard that Apple has acknowledged peoples complaints on that one (edge force touch) as well and that they plan to return that functionality.
    10-12-2017 05:40 PM