[Iphone 7+/ios 11.02] How to solve frozen notification bar and unresponsive touchscreen?

crecentia

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, so i just purchased an iphone 7+ a few weeks ago and accidentally updated it into ios 11.02 this morning . After that I was playing '[redacted]' game like what i usually do and got a notification from whatsapp, i tried to open it and it just stuck there, i can't swipe down or swipe up the notification.
It seems like the one that didn't working is my touchscreen since it's unresponsive, it's like I can't touch anything at all, but my home button is great actually, when i click the home button it shows me [redacted] game's still running on the background apps but i can't close it down.
I can still hear my instagram notif sounds and the only thing I could do is to hard reset my iPhone, it works fine after that. Is this a bug from ios 11.02? Any solution if this happens again?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This has happened on previous iOS's before. A hard reset usually fixes it. I knew one person had to do a hard reset 3 times before it worked. It's a minor issue that may happen from time to time.

crecentia

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
is that so?
been googling about this problem and found a lot of people experienced the same thing in their iPhone 6 & 6s last year. Thanks anyway!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
is that so?
been googling about this problem and found a lot of people experienced the same thing in their iPhone 6 & 6s last year. Thanks anyway!

Yes, it does happen a good bit. Smartphones are just tiny computers. As such, they are prone to little quirks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, so i just purchased an iphone 7+ a few weeks ago and accidentally updated it into ios 11.02 this morning . After that I was playing '[redacted]' game like what i usually do and got a notification from whatsapp, i tried to open it and it just stuck there, i can't swipe down or swipe up the notification.
It seems like the one that didn't working is my touchscreen since it's unresponsive, it's like I can't touch anything at all, but my home button is great actually, when i click the home button it shows me [redacted] game's still running on the background apps but i can't close it down.
I can still hear my instagram notif sounds and the only thing I could do is to hard reset my iPhone, it works fine after that. Is this a bug from ios 11.02? Any solution if this happens again?
Thanks in advance.

Did you purchase the phone from Apple or your carrier? Apple addressed this touch input issue specifically for the 6/6s in iOS 11.0.3 due to replacement displays that were not genuine Apple parts, but you have the 7 Plus.

If a hard reset does not completely resolve the issue and you've tried a factory reset, then I'd recommend visiting your local Apple store to let them help you with it. A frozen display is *not* typical behavior and should not be happening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR