If a call is deleted from the call history on my iphone (even though the other phone also rings), does that incoming call history still appear on the incoming call list of the other iphone. we share an apple id. thanks
    10-02-2017 07:43 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

I'm not sure what the answer would be, but you're not supposed to share an Apple ID. Each person is supposed to have their own Apple ID, and for sharing you use Family Sharing.
    10-02-2017 12:10 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

I'm not sure what the answer would be, but you're not supposed to share an Apple ID. Each person is supposed to have their own Apple ID, and for sharing you use Family Sharing.
    This. Do Family Sharing. But it sounds like you're sharing iCloud which is worse. Go sign out of iCloud on all but one device. When asked, select "Keep on iPhone". Create your own iCloud for each other phone, then sign in and merge. Then when you delete, it only deletes from yours.

The worst way to "fix" this and keep the terrible idea of sharing an AppleID, is to sign out of Facetime, or in the options, turn off call forwarding to the other iPhone. Call logs shouldn't sync then.
    10-03-2017 11:03 AM
    Worst issue I ever had to deal with when I worked for Verizon on consumers phones. Always a headache when the other person found out their significant other was cheating
    10-04-2017 12:12 AM
    This. Do Family Sharing. But it sounds like you're sharing iCloud which is worse. Go sign out of iCloud on all but one device. When asked, select "Keep on iPhone". Create your own iCloud for each other phone, then sign in and merge. Then when you delete, it only deletes from yours.

The worst way to "fix" this and keep the terrible idea of sharing an AppleID, is to sign out of Facetime, or in the options, turn off call forwarding to the other iPhone. Call logs shouldn't sync then.
    Yep. Everyone gets their own. When you turn off iCloud, say keep on phone. Then when you sign in to your own, merge the contacts there.
    11-15-2017 04:54 PM