I tried to download the notes app and a message appears which says that “notes could not be downloaded this time”
    09-26-2017 07:50 PM
    Do you have a internet connection via cellular or wifi?
    09-26-2017 08:06 PM
    I tried to download the notes app and a message appears which says that “notes could not be downloaded this time”
    Which "notes" app are you referring to? The reason I ask is because the native Notes app comes pre-installed with iOS. Please join the iMore forums to reply in this thread. Thank you...
    09-26-2017 08:23 PM
    I am speaking about the native notes app.,before installing the ios 11 the notes app was on my home screen.After the ios 11 update the app was deleted and the app store won’t let me download it.I am connected to a wifi
    09-26-2017 08:51 PM
    I have the same issue. I tried updating my iPhone to iOs 11.01 and still i can’t download the notes app. What should i do?? I badly need that app.
    09-26-2017 09:16 PM
    I am speaking about the native notes app.,before installing the ios 11 the notes app was on my home screen.After the ios 11 update the app was deleted and the app store won’t let me download it.I am connected to a wifi
    Are you certain the app was deleted? Is it possible that it somehow got moved to a folder? Have you done a spotlight search for it? Do you have a backup to restore to?
    Sherry_B likes this.
    09-26-2017 09:23 PM
    Yes,I’m certain.I searched on spotlight and nothing appears, same in settings and folders,I can not download the app from the iCloud and sadly I didn’t make a copy of my phone on my computer before updating.
    09-26-2017 09:44 PM
    This really is an issue. I just had a user bring me his iPhone 7 that he upgraded last night. The Mail app is missing, it has the Apple "download" cloud icon next to it. None of the other apps on the device will run nor will they download (if required).

We did every reset available short of erase all content and settings. No help. It looks like 11.0.2 is imminent.
    09-27-2017 06:32 AM
    This really is an issue. I just had a user bring me his iPhone 7 that he upgraded last night. The Mail app is missing, it has the Apple "download" cloud icon next to it. None of the other apps on the device will run nor will they download (if required).

We did every reset available short of erase all content and settings. No help. It looks like 11.0.2 is imminent.
    I don’t know what to tell you because I have never experienced the things you’re describing with any of the iPhones I’ve had over the years, and that be upgraded and restored as new too many times to count. With that in mind, I recommend you connect the device to iTunes and then restore it. Afterwards, set it up as new as a new device.
    Sherry_B and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-27-2017 07:20 AM

You've got something odd going on there, never heard of anything like that. I agree with D.... backup and factory reset the device.
    Larry Cook1 and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-27-2017 08:20 AM