Am I eligible to upgrade my iPhone with the iPhone upgrade program?

I

iMore Question

i’ve been paying for my iphone 6s PLUS since november 2016 through verizon and i want to sign up for the apple iphone upgrade program. am i eligible to upgrade to the new iphone 8 plus right now (or when it comes out) or do i have to pay off my 2 year contract with verizon before i’m eligible for the upgrade program?

Jude34

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon, all they ask is that you pay 50% off of your current device, in order to up grade as long as you trade in your phone you'll only be asked to pay the taxes and fees on the iphone 8. If you use Apple's program, and if you still owe money on the device, they'll ADD that remaining balance to your device payments on the new device. Basically, in this instance, it's probably better in the long run for you to upgrade through Verizon. That way they'll eat the remaining 50% that you owe as long as you turn in your iphone 6s.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't care about your device payment plan with Verizon.
You can purchase a new phone through Apple regardless.
You will STILL be obligated to complete the terms of your device payment plan with Verizon.
Verizon doesn't care what phone you have active on your line.
If you want to trade in your current phone to Apple, you will need to pay it off with Verizon first.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner