Synchronize Apple Photos to iTunes 12.7 & IOS 11.

I

iMore Question

Synchronizing Photos library to my iDevices.

I've upgraded my iTunes to 12.7 and my IOS to 11. When I look my iPhone and iPad in iTunes on my Mac, and select "Photos", I only see the following message:

iCloud Photos is On
(my) iPhone 5 can access photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded to your device via Wi-Fi or cellular network.

I no longer see a choice to synchronize from my Mac's Photos app. I added a photo to my Photos app, and restarted everything - it did not show up on my iPhone or my iPad.

In the past, every photo I wanted to save was put in my iPhotos and separately in my wife's iPhotos where I add faces and stuff. I kept wishing we could share the same library, and I kept wishing my iPad would see my smart folders on my Photos app. I used Image Capture to pull photos off of my phone.

How do I configure my system so that the Photos app on my Mac is the source of my iPad's albums and folders again?

Ranger11

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
There are two methods of photo syncing: 1) via iTunes sync and 2) iCloud photos library. You can do one or the other but not both. iTunes sync, as you know, allows you to select photos and albums to sync whereas iCloud photo library puts everything on all your devices via iCloud. You have to turn off iCloud photos library in preferences if you want to sync via iTunes. That being said, photos/albums sync via iTunes is broken with the release of iOS11. It still works great under iOS 10.3.3. So that's where I remain until Apple releases an iOS update to fix iTunes sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73