There used to be an option to "add another email" to iMessage; since installing iOS11, that option seems to have been removed.

Full story:
    I'd like to add my child's hand-me-down iPhone's iMessage to my own device so that we will both receive all messages that get sent to their account. I currently have Family Sharing enabled, and they have their own iCloud account under mine. Previously, I could add their e-mail/phone number to my iMessage settings; then set my "you can be reached at" to have both my and their contact information. The each of our phones would "start new conversations from" the separate iCloud accounts.

Is there some other way to monitor their messaging in iOS11? Thanks in advance!
    09-21-2017 09:06 AM
    Hey there!
    Hopefully someone who has a solution to this will reply soon.
    09-21-2017 09:26 AM
    Hello there,

It's a simple solution just go to https://appleid.apple.com/
    from there login using the icloud acount you want to use.

Once logged in select edit on the account section of the page (just below the sign out icon) and you will find 'reachable at' and here you can add another email address to the account.

Hope this solves the problem
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-22-2017 01:07 PM
    That didn't work for me. I still have this issue -- no "Add another email.." link under Send and Receive section of the Settings in iPhone.
    03-05-2018 09:09 PM
    If you log into your Apple ID on your desktop, under account on the right hand side has "Reachable At" and an edit button. You can now add in your phone and emails there. Just did it myself and it worked!

That didn't work for me. I still have this issue -- no "Add another email.." link under Send and Receive section of the Settings in iPhone.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-07-2018 09:45 AM
    If you log into your Apple ID on your desktop, under account on the right hand side has "Reachable At" and an edit button. You can now add in your phone and emails there. Just did it myself and it worked!
    Confirmed.

Removed option to add another e-mail to iMessage in iOS11?-screen-shot-2018-03-07-10.14.48-am.png
    03-07-2018 10:15 AM
    Tried this, told me my email address was not available! Only been using it for 5 years. Anybody got a solution please?
    03-20-2018 09:45 AM
    Tried this, told me my email address was not available! Only been using it for 5 years. Anybody got a solution please?
    1. Create a dummy email address that you can use for a little while and delete once you are done with the following steps. Let's call it AlternateEmail Address.
    2. Login to appleid.apple.com using the email address that you are trying to add to the list of email addresses you would like to be reachable at through iMessage and FaceTime. The one that the system is telling you is "not available." Let's call it CurrentEmailAddress
    3. To login you might need to reset the password, thus requiring from you having access to the mailbox for CurrentEmailAddresss for verification.
    4. Once logged in to the Apple ID account, under the heading Account there is an Edit button on the right. Once clicked, you can change the Apple ID, i.e. the login email address CurrentEmailAddresss. Change it to AlternateEmailAddress.
    5. Wait for one month!... yeah... really! Then the CurrentEmailAddress becomes available again and you'll be able to add it as a reachable at through iMessage and FaceTime.... Pffewwh!...
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-06-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    05-06-2018 04:54 AM
    iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.3.1; I just added 5 new email addresses on my phone under Settings. It's working just fine. Tap the Edit button first, and then the link will show up to add as many email addresses as you want.

Otherwise you can try to reset your settings and see if that works.
    05-09-2018 03:48 PM
    1.Settings
    2.Top row with your iphone ID handle
    3.Top row: Name, Phone Numbers etc
    4.Contactable at: tap Edit
    5.Add desired number or email addys
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    05-21-2018 03:57 PM
    1.Settings
    2.Top row with your iphone ID handle
    3.Top row: Name, Phone Numbers etc
    4.Contactable at: tap Edit