?Can iPad Cellular use my phone SIM

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Can I simply pop out the SIM from my smartphone, pop it into an iPad and get an LTE signal?

Yes, you can. Assuming, of course, that your iPad is cellular. ;)

Coincidentally I tried swapping my iPad Verizon SIM into a MiFi Jetpack this morning and it also works. (For some reason my Windows desktop can't connect to my iOS hotspots, thus the MiFi attempt.)

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you can. Assuming, of course, that your iPad is cellular. ;)

Coincidentally I tried swapping my iPad Verizon SIM into a MiFi Jetpack this morning and it also works. (For some reason my Windows desktop can't connect to my iOS hotspots, thus the MiFi attempt.)

Thanks for that!!

Also do you have a hotspot plan? Or could you also just take the SIM from your phone, put it into a mifi device and recieve connectivity on your windows computer, using your regular data plan?

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for that!!

Also do you have a hotspot plan? Or could you also just take the SIM from your phone, put it into a mifi device and recieve connectivity on your windows computer, using your regular data plan?

That's exactly what I did, though it was with my cellular iPad's SIM, not the one from my iPhone. I have no doubt that the iPhone SIM would work, too. Swapping the SIM back and forth is a lot more trouble than using an iOS hotspot, but at least the option works! I'm camping in my motor home in a place without wifi so it's a necessity.

The Verizon Jetpack MiFi is from back when I did have a dedicated hotspot plan. Glad I hung onto it.

My Windows tablet connects to my iPhone's hotspot just fine—it's doing the Creators update right now, in fact—so I think I need updated drivers/firmware on my Intel NUC desktop.

bo_woods

May 29, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly what I did, though it was with my cellular iPad's SIM, not the one from my iPhone. I have no doubt that the iPhone SIM would work, too. Swapping the SIM back and forth is a lot more trouble than using an iOS hotspot, but at least the option works! I'm camping in my motor home in a place without wifi so it's a necessity.

The Verizon Jetpack MiFi is from back when I did have a dedicated hotspot plan. Glad I hung onto it.

My Windows tablet connects to my iPhone's hotspot just fine—it's doing the Creators update right now, in fact—so I think I need updated drivers/firmware on my Intel NUC desktop.

ok thank youuuu

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW