iphone 4s- re: Sim card not reading, metal clip on antenna, clip under battery cover

patti24

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I had water damage in my iphone 4s, so took it apart, cleaned the logic board and got it working. Then, it was water damaged again, so I took it apart and cleaned it again. This time, I am having a few problems.
1) I am getting an error message says 'No Sim Card'. Bought another one- same messages. Have just tried putting a piece of tape on the end of it to see if that helps.
When I was working on it, I broke the small metal clip that holds the antenna wire down.
Could this be causing problems with the SIM card? I am just trying to rule things out as possible causes.
2) The power button also stopped working after Round 2 of water damage. I have ordered a new cable, but since I can't turn the phone on and off, could this be the reason why it isn't recognizing the SIM card?
3) Is it absolutely NECESSARY to have the antenna wire tucked under that little metal clip in order for the phone to perform properly?
4) The first time I did the repair, I misplaced the little clip that goes under the battery cover plate, (I think it is called an 'actuator clip'?), but the phone worked fine without out (until Round 2 of water damage that is.)
Is this clip absolutely NECESSARY to keep the phone in working order or can I get away with not installing it?
5) Does anyone know where I can order JUST that little clip? (Anywhere I've looked they don't sell it separately- it comes as a part of another component.)
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2