In a few days (weeks ?) iOS 11 will be released, and I'm looking forward to have it installed on every iDevice I own ( iPhone 7, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4, not to speak about my wife's iPhone 5S and my son's iPhone SE).
    On my primary device, the iPhone 7, I have some very important apps, like password manager and home banking app, and I'm not sure if they will be completely restored (content included) with an iCloud backup.
    To have a "clean" installation I'm planning to update iOS via iTunes (is that correct ?) instead of the OTA upgrade, and my question is: how to have ALL the data restored on my phone ? Is that possible ? Do I have to make an iTunes backup and restore that ?
    I'm also interested in keeping my health data, collected with my Apple Watch.
    Thank you for the precious help.
    09-10-2017 04:36 AM
    Do you have an iCloud backup?
    I wouldn’t worry too much about losing any data. I tend to update OTA and have never lost anything during the process.
    09-10-2017 06:13 AM
    For the Apple Health data, the Apple Support document below mentions that iTunes backups have to be encrypted, or you could use iCloud Backup.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220
    09-11-2017 06:22 AM
    The best and robust way to upgrade|update iOS is through I tunes.i think so
    09-12-2017 10:00 AM
    I'm a little worried about an OTA update for such a big change... On the other side I don't want to lose settings and app data on my iPhone. I think the iTunes encrypted backup is the only option I have in this case.
    09-19-2017 08:25 AM