Am I the only person who attaches keys to a key fob?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While watching the Auburn v Clemson football game, I saw a Nissan commercial depicting a guy grabbing a key fob and then driving to pick up his biker girlfriend. There were no house key or any other key attached so I began to wonder if I am the only person who attaches keys to a key fob?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, I see people who key their keys separate from their key fob. That would drive me crazy! I mean, I've always kept keys together on a keychain so why would I not do the same with the key fob?

hallux

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
My car key has the remote integrated so I have the remote/key, then the remote start fob, house key for my mom and dad's house, key for my luggage lock and key for my bike rack lock (locking the bike to the car).

I have a separate ring that contains keys for MY place, another bike lock key and another luggage lock key. This setup goes back to before I had a garage door opener, seemed silly to shut off the car, get out, open the garage (that was locked so I needed the key) then restart the car to pull in. Also helped that I wanted the car lights on so I could see to unlock the garage door.

For a key-start car, more stuff on the key ring can cause unnecessary wear on the ignition cylinder so I've kept my key ring containing the ignition key as light as I can for as long as I can remember.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I certainly attach keys to the fob for my truck. I have my desk drawer key and the key to my laptop’s cable lock for work. I keep it so that it’s easy to disconnect as well when I drop it off for service. Easy for all parties involved.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have one keyfob for all my keys. I even have a SIM Tool for the iPhone SIM tray attached to it, because you never know when you need it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I keep my keyfob separate from my keys. The only keys I use on a regular basis are for work and there’s a good amount of them, so I don’t like to keep them on me all of the time.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I only have my fob for my Jeep. My house has a key code entry so I don’t have keys... sadly I’m not completely keyless- I have many for work but those are on separate rings

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have one keyfob for all my keys. I even have a SIM Tool for the iPhone SIM tray attached to it, because you never know when you need it.

Same here! Somehow I’m the only one who ever has that SIM tool though.
My ex-fiancée had her car key and remote and then another separate letting for her house keys. IMO that’s just too much to worry about.
I grab my keys when I’m leaving my house and know that everything I need for home and work are right there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...My house has a key code entry so I don’t have keys... sadly I’m not completely keyless- I have many for work but those are on separate rings
Same here in regard to having a key code entry to my home, however, I have 4 keys on my fob - Post Office Box key, a safe key and a key to a relative’s home. I don’t want to worry about having to pick up both the fob and a separate keychain so I combine the two.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I have my house and everything else keys, and I have my Car Key Fob. I keep backups for both. If I lose one or the other I don't lose everything.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
While watching the Auburn v Clemson football game, I saw a Nissan commercial depicting a guy grabbing a key fob and then driving to pick up his biker girlfriend. There were no house key or any other key attached so I began to wonder if I am the only person who attaches keys to a key fob?

I imagine the guy in the commercial didn't have a house key because he was acting and probably didn't own the car he was driving or the home in which the commercial was filmed, lol.

I don't think you're the only one, lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is all I have on my cars key fab. This works for me...
fc4fcb4f80c67b1529a37f9f6b4fb8fd.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal