Hi:

I have the same question posted on the Apple site and elsewhere, but I haven't seen any definitive answers.

My daughter's phone is set up with Family Sharing and Ask to Buy turned on. I approved an app for her, but I've since changed my mind. But if I delete it from her phone, she's able to reinstall it, because it already was approved.

How do I revoke my approval so that when the app is deleted, she can't reinstall without my permission?

When I open iTunes on my Mac, I don't see the app listed, presumably because it was installed on her phone, not mine. So I don't know how to manage this app.

Thanks.
    09-05-2017 08:55 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Upon my preliminary searches, it did not seem possible or easy to do on an app by app basis. HOWEVER I saw a suggestion to change the age restriction on the child's phone, BUT that's still going to affect more than the one app, AND if the app doesn't have an age restriction, it won't work.

I also put out a call for help from others so hopefully someone else will come along with more knowledge about Family Sharing.
    09-05-2017 11:38 AM
    As far as I know an app purchase can’t be revoked once it’s been approved. Hiding the purchase in iTunes won’t stop her from re-downloading it either. All you can really do is place a restriction on her device that disallows App Store downloads. The unfortunate part of doing that is that she won’t be able to download ANY apps without having the restriction removed first.
    09-05-2017 11:41 AM
    I don’t really know anything about Family Sharing but I did some preliminary research and at least in 2015 there were no app by app provisions after an app has been purchased.
    09-05-2017 11:44 AM
    Parenting might apply here. What I would suggest is have a conversation with your daughter and explain that you don't want her using that certain app anymore. Tell her the reason, IF you want, so she'll understand, OR not, YOU are the parent you don't need a reason. Then trust her not to download it again, BUT check her phone at some point and if the app is there, then some sort of punishment. No phone at all for a week? Extra chores? I don't know, you pick, lol.

But I don't think the technology can help here.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    09-05-2017 12:06 PM
    have a conversation with your daughter
    As a parent I agree. Communication is key to any relationship, be it parent to child, or child to parent.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-06-2017 08:50 AM