If I sign onto my daughters ipad iMessage, does an alert go somewhere, email or text message that her iPad Apple ID was logged onto from her iPad?
    09-03-2017 12:27 PM
    If her Apple ID was logged into from your device, she would get an email from Apple. Using the same Apple ID causes problems. You may see each other's messages and what not. Not a good idea as a spy method. You can just take her iPad and look though. You're the parent.
    09-03-2017 02:13 PM
    You could give "Restrictions" a shot. It's Apple's version of parental controls. Include Messages in the "Not Allowed" and set a pin. When your daughter tries to login to iMessage it'll clock failed pin tries and eventually lock her out of the restrictions area for a certain amount of time but not out of the actual iPad.

Edit: I just noticed FaceTime is on the preset list but iMessage is not.

So the answer to your question is to log her off iMessage and then go to restrictions and toggle Account Changes to "Don't Allow Changes"
    09-04-2017 09:13 AM
    You could give "Restrictions" a shot. It's Apple's version of parental controls. Include Messages in the "Not Allowed" and set a pin. When your daughter tries to login to iMessage it'll clock failed pin tries and eventually lock her out of the restrictions area for a certain amount of time but not out of the actual iPad.

Edit: I just noticed FaceTime is on the preset list but iMessage is not.

So the answer to your question is to log her off iMessage and then go to restrictions and toggle Account Changes to "Don't Allow Changes"
    I don't think he wants to prevent her from messaging, he just wants to peek at her messages.
    09-04-2017 05:28 PM